Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2017, 10:23 AM

147 posts, read 230,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
my EXACT ISSUE!!!!! i never heard from them.. and my LOG isn't far from yours
Wait so even if you have a log number that is low it still a chance you wont get called? I thought they had to go by log number in order checking each person to see if the qualify?

Old 05-17-2017, 10:40 AM

10 posts, read 12,460 times
You're welcome. I really didn't work hard for it. I gave all the documents they asked and just waited, although it was nerve-wrecking, it didn't cause me any hard work.

And to those of you with a low log number, the log number is only to indicate the order in which the applications were received. My log number was 42,XXX.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:47 AM

994 posts, read 1,060,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortGreeneQueen View Post
You're welcome. I really didn't work hard for it. I gave all the documents they asked and just waited, although it was nerve-wrecking, it didn't cause me any hard work.

And to those of you with a low log number, the log number is only to indicate the order in which the applications were received. My log number was 42,XXX.
Are you a single household? if so, did you get a studio or 1 bedroom?

Old 05-17-2017, 11:17 AM

201 posts, read 292,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB0726 View Post
Wait so even if you have a log number that is low it still a chance you wont get called? I thought they had to go by log number in order checking each person to see if the qualify?
yes, that's exactly what i'm saying. i've tried calling and never heard back from anybody.. unable to leave voicemails now. even though they tell you "you will be contacted in order of log#"

Old 05-17-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortGreeneQueen View Post

and that's very unfortunate (my opinion) because they tell you "you'll get contacted in order of log #" which they clearly don't.

i don't mean to sound bitter either it's just that they get your hopes up and then... nothing..

Old 05-17-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
yes, that's exactly what i'm saying. i've tried calling and never heard back from anybody.. unable to leave voicemails now. even though they tell you "you will be contacted in order of log#"
I THINK, that is assuming there are still apartments you are eligible for. Someone with a 10,xxx log number who is in the process may be in a different bracket /household size than yourself. If they look at your 5xx log number, check their sheet, don't see any available apartments, they move to the next person. I don't know, just venturing a wild guess.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
I THINK, that is assuming there are still apartments you are eligible for. Someone with a 10,xxx log number who is in the process may be in a different bracket /household size than yourself. If they look at your 5xx log number, check their sheet, don't see any available apartments, they move to the next person. I don't know, just venturing a wild guess.
but 82 apartments... that's a lot to fill up very fast.. i qualify for a 1 and 2 bedroom.. and no i totally get the wild guess.. feel like i've been going with the flow of things for a long time.. just wish time would hurry

Old 05-17-2017, 04:39 PM

17 posts, read 20,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
hmm, very very interesting indeed. Please keep us posted, if you don't mind. I really want to know the outcome of this for what Im assuming is a (2) person household?

We were told that HDC changed their policy and that a 3 person family that's a couple and one child would not be eligible for a 3BR. Guess they need to update their docs.

Last edited by doctor_kp; 05-17-2017 at 04:51 PM..

Old 05-17-2017, 06:02 PM

143 posts, read 126,738 times
Hey guys, my log number was 37xxx..i been going through the process for about 6 months now. I've been rejected 3 times, gone thru 3 appeals(once with Hpd) , 4 asset verification, and endless pay stubs. I've just been informed today that my file is with leasing and compliance. All of my documents are in tack, and I'm respond immediately. The process I think is kinda flawed and if your a naive person and don't study your finances or the their guidelines you'll be tossed like cigarette butt.
I'm still praying all goes well, this buildings amazing and its gonna change lives.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrumph33 View Post
Hey guys, my log number was 37xxx..i been going through the process for about 6 months now. I've been rejected 3 times, gone thru 3 appeals(once with Hpd) , 4 asset verification, and endless pay stubs. I've just been informed today that my file is with leasing and compliance. All of my documents are in tack, and I'm respond immediately. The process I think is kinda flawed and if your a naive person and don't study your finances or the their guidelines you'll be tossed like cigarette butt.
I'm still praying all goes well, this buildings amazing and its gonna change lives.
If you don't mind sharing, why were you rejected 3 times? income, household size, household composition?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery