Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 06:47 PM

17 posts, read 20,166 times

Advertisements

My wife and I interviewed about a month ago for a middle income apartment - log #15xx without CB preference. We've got a first kid on the way and were originally told that our family size and income level would qualify us for a 2 or 3 BR place, but then were told that guidelines changed and that 2 adults and a child wouldn't count as a family of 3. I'm wondering if anyone else experienced the same as it seemed a little odd.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:28 PM

4 posts, read 6,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potted4 View Post
Has anyone here toured the Ashland as a walk-in prospective tenant?
I'm so curious to see what the units are like. Do you think it'd be a bad move if I went to their open house for a tour?
I actually went last weekend and toured the neighborhood and looked at the apartments - the building is incredibly beautiful and the amenities are out of this world as well! The gotham market is amazing as well - hopefully we'll move in there soon.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:50 AM

201 posts, read 291,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potted4 View Post
Then there's still hope!
no more hope.. i've been denied

Old 05-04-2017, 10:23 AM

38 posts, read 35,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_kp View Post
My wife and I interviewed about a month ago for a middle income apartment - log #15xx without CB preference. We've got a first kid on the way and were originally told that our family size and income level would qualify us for a 2 or 3 BR place, but then were told that guidelines changed and that 2 adults and a child wouldn't count as a family of 3. I'm wondering if anyone else experienced the same as it seemed a little odd.

Hmm. That's curious. We are a family of four and was told we'd qualify for a two or three bedroom.
Do you think the person meant that you're not qualified for a three bedroom as a family of three?
Congratulations, btw!

Old 05-04-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveAstoria View Post
I actually went last weekend and toured the neighborhood and looked at the apartments - the building is incredibly beautiful and the amenities are out of this world as well! The gotham market is amazing as well - hopefully we'll move in there soon.
I agree! The area is amazing and the building looks amazing. Are you a lottery applicant?
Do you know if there's a rule that prohibits lottery applicants from touring the apartments before signing a lease?

Old 05-04-2017, 11:15 AM

17 posts, read 20,166 times
Thank you, Potted! Their exact words were "Due to our new Regulation and policy from HDC a family of 3 for a couple and a child would only qualify for a 2 BR" - I understood that to mean our type of family of 3 doesn't qualify, but maybe I read that too literally. Anyway, we'll take what we can get!

Old 05-04-2017, 02:42 PM

10 posts, read 12,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
no more hope.. i've been denied
Denied by who, HPD or the leasing off of 250 Ashland?

Old 05-05-2017, 07:33 AM

201 posts, read 291,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortGreeneQueen View Post
Denied by who, HPD or the leasing off of 250 Ashland?
my apologies.. i was actually writing on the wrong forum.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:53 AM

60 posts, read 67,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_kp View Post
Thank you, Potted! Their exact words were "Due to our new Regulation and policy from HDC a family of 3 for a couple and a child would only qualify for a 2 BR" - I understood that to mean our type of family of 3 doesn't qualify, but maybe I read that too literally. Anyway, we'll take what we can get!
Interesting. We have two boys and they told us we might not qualify for a 3 bed because our children are the same sex. If we had a boy/girl it would be different. That doesn't sit right with me. What if one boy identified as a female. Ugh, anyway.....still waiting to hear. We interviewed back in Feb! We have CB preference, high log number. I asked for an update on Monday and BG said they've got nothing.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotcity View Post
Interesting. We have two boys and they told us we might not qualify for a 3 bed because our children are the same sex. If we had a boy/girl it would be different. That doesn't sit right with me. What if one boy identified as a female. Ugh, anyway.....still waiting to hear. We interviewed back in Feb! We have CB preference, high log number. I asked for an update on Monday and BG said they've got nothing.

That sounds very strange. It sounds like some of their intake people are making up information as they go along. Sheesh. I can't believe you're still waiting. How frustrating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery