Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 12:21 PM

994 posts, read 1,060,925 times

Advertisements

Can anyone explain what this means?

Changes to household composition on a submitted application that affect
eligibility will not be recognized, unless such change is due to an extenuating
circumstance. Extenuating circumstances may include but are not limited to:
a. Death of a member of the household;
b. Birth in the household;
c. Separation or divorce;
d. Court order of custody;
e. Domestic violence

Old 05-11-2017, 12:57 PM

110 posts, read 160,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
Can anyone explain what this means?

Changes to household composition on a submitted application that affect
eligibility will not be recognized, unless such change is due to an extenuating
circumstance. Extenuating circumstances may include but are not limited to:
a. Death of a member of the household;
b. Birth in the household;
c. Separation or divorce;
d. Court order of custody;
e. Domestic violence
Basically whoever was on the application needs to be part of the family when it's time to interview and move in unless one of these reasons is the reason they aren't there.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:14 PM

50 posts, read 74,117 times
We were give "low priority" because I removed my husband from application. So we're out.

Old 05-11-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFoster4789 View Post
Basically whoever was on the application needs to be part of the family when it's time to interview and move in unless one of these reasons is the reason they aren't there.
Ok, so if household size hasn't changed and composition hasn't changed; i.e, same two people, then we're good to the regulations? Because if that's the case, my appeal should be a slam dunk

Old 05-12-2017, 12:48 PM

16 posts, read 21,189 times
Quote:
Ok, so if household size hasn't changed and composition hasn't changed; i.e, same two people, then we're good to the regulations? Because if that's the case, my appeal should be a slam dunk
If you haven't yet submitted your appeal, make sure you check section 5-3(A)(b) of the HDC marketing guidelines and submit proof establishing that the two of you "are financially interdependent, as indicated by (i) current leases or utility records demonstrating a shared address, or (ii) documentation, such as bank accounts, demonstrating shared assets."

Old 05-12-2017, 10:41 PM

87 posts, read 140,718 times
What can I do if I told them my brother is moving in with me at the end of the year but it's not true??

Old 05-15-2017, 10:41 AM

Are Affordable Housing Lottery winners under a NDA or something. We hear and hear folks until they get an apartment, then nothing

Old 05-15-2017, 10:59 AM

965 posts, read 1,119,047 times
Quote:
Are Affordable Housing Lottery winners under a NDA or something. We hear and hear folks until they get an apartment, then nothing
I see it more as if they win the apartment. They most likely don't really care about posting online anymore since they got what they wanted.

Or if they get rejected, they're too pissed off to post.

Either way, the wanting to post kind of shifts as you get near the final stretch. Once I won my unit, I didn't post in my thread as much. And as other people from the same thread won, I haven't seen many posts from them, either.

I guess some think it's taboo, and some may not to "rub it in anyone's" face. I can think of loads of reasons, but NDA wasn't one of them.

At least it wasn't when I was at my lease signing. I think it's helpful so others can gage where they are on the list since it goes in order.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:41 AM

60 posts, read 67,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_kp View Post
We had our intake interview on April 10th and were told we would hear back anywhere between 2 and 12 months. My wife decided to follow up today and was told that our application is in the leasing department. Does anyone know where that step falls in the whole process?
Did you look at the unit? They postponed ours. No other info. Just said "Not yet."

Old 05-16-2017, 11:43 AM

17 posts, read 20,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotcity View Post
Did you look at the unit? They postponed ours. No other info. Just said "Not yet."
We're scheduled to see a couple units tomorrow. After that, I believe our application goes to the Leasing Office, Compliance, and HDC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery