Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,401 times

Advertisements

My status: Log #42xxx, mobility disability and community preferences. Interviewed April 11th, have had to submit additional paperwork twice since. REALLY wanted a 3 bedroom but was told they are gone. True?

Also interviewed in the small apartment with the bad view. Am wondering, was that a 2br or 1br? Also, anyone know

1. How much extra the amenities are? I know the play room, bike storage is free but everything else appears to have a fee.
2. Parking suggestions around there?
3. And the magic question- the average electric bill in the building?

My current apartment is 1,000 sq ft and not much of a view, but at least there's a tree. I don't want to go through all of this only to decide the apartments aren't worth it. Thoughts?

Old 04-26-2017, 09:24 AM

21 posts, read 33,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
Soo does this mean they're still working on preference groups?!! This whole lottery process is just anxiety 😞
each income level and apartment size is a separate "line," as I understand it. so the only way to compare apples to apples is to know both those factors. like whether someone is middle income and applying to two bedrooms, for example. this makes sense given that there is different demand levels for different prices and unit sizes, based on who originally applied.

So I'd imagine that some lines are done with CB groups and some are still finishing up.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:12 PM

201 posts, read 291,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xian01 View Post
each income level and apartment size is a separate "line," as I understand it. so the only way to compare apples to apples is to know both those factors. like whether someone is middle income and applying to two bedrooms, for example. this makes sense given that there is different demand levels for different prices and unit sizes, based on who originally applied.

So I'd imagine that some lines are done with CB groups and some are still finishing up.
thank you!

anyone else not CB, been contacted?

Old 04-26-2017, 01:18 PM

4 posts, read 8,906 times
Ashland is across the street from a two welfare centers and a dialysis clinic. While the area is nice...let's just say, I live in the Bronx and would not wish to live there...

Old 04-26-2017, 01:54 PM

17 posts, read 20,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syandene View Post
Ashland is across the street from a two welfare centers and a dialysis clinic. While the area is nice...let's just say, I live in the Bronx and would not wish to live there...
Then don't.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:22 PM

10 posts, read 12,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotteryslug View Post
My status: Log #42xxx, mobility disability and community preferences. Interviewed April 11th, have had to submit additional paperwork twice since. REALLY wanted a 3 bedroom but was told they are gone. True?

Also interviewed in the small apartment with the bad view. Am wondering, was that a 2br or 1br? Also, anyone know

1. How much extra the amenities are? I know the play room, bike storage is free but everything else appears to have a fee.
2. Parking suggestions around there?
3. And the magic question- the average electric bill in the building?

My current apartment is 1,000 sq ft and not much of a view, but at least there's a tree. I don't want to go through all of this only to decide the apartments aren't worth it. Thoughts?
The apartment where the interview was conducted was a 2 bedroom apartment. I was told the amenities are $700 a year or $55 added on to your monthly rent. The apartment where the interviews are conducted was not too bad, just that the view is of the area where tenants can BBQ at. I saw on some random website that there is parking but a parking garage was not mentioned. So was your application approved??

Old 04-26-2017, 06:07 PM

201 posts, read 291,958 times
Originally Posted by Syandene

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_kp View Post
Then don't.

couldn't agree more with doc... let's be serious, you live in the bronx.. and you're speaking about a welfare center and dialysis clinic.. a dialysis clinic is for sick people.. i'll assume you have no education as well.. and your comment was RUDE and OFFENSIVE!

Old 05-01-2017, 08:30 PM

10 posts, read 12,452 times
Did anyone hear anything?

Old 05-02-2017, 02:43 PM

38 posts, read 35,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortGreeneQueen View Post
The apartment where the interview was conducted was a 2 bedroom apartment. I was told the amenities are $700 a year or $55 added on to your monthly rent. The apartment where the interviews are conducted was not too bad, just that the view is of the area where tenants can BBQ at. I saw on some random website that there is parking but a parking garage was not mentioned. So was your application approved??

That's amazing you've gotten so far in the process! Can I ask, did you do the interview with someone from the Ashland or Breaking Ground? Have you heard more from them?

Old 05-02-2017, 04:40 PM

151 posts, read 154,808 times
I see Ashland on my way to the hub and I can't tell you how in love I am with the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.