Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2017, 12:31 PM

17 posts, read 20,187 times

Advertisements

We had our intake interview on April 10th and were told we would hear back anywhere between 2 and 12 months. My wife decided to follow up today and was told that our application is in the leasing department. Does anyone know where that step falls in the whole process?

Old 05-08-2017, 05:44 PM

38 posts, read 35,552 times
From what I remember, leasing comes after compliance and HPD approval. It sounds like your application is moving along!
Did you ever get an answer from BG about the family size?

Our application is with the compliance department. Hoping this all doesn't take 12 months!

Old 05-08-2017, 07:27 PM

16 posts, read 21,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveAstoria View Post
I actually went last weekend and toured the neighborhood and looked at the apartments - the building is incredibly beautiful and the amenities are out of this world as well! The gotham market is amazing as well - hopefully we'll move in there soon.
Married and family of three here. Told that since we are married that we must share a room.

Section 5-7.A.2.a. of the marketing guidelines states:

"In keeping with the above guidance, to maximize the utilization of its affordable units (another point considered in HUD’s guidance) married or similarly committed couples are assumed to share one bedroom. Apart from that, however, if a family (i) qualifies as a household as defined in these Marketing Guidelines and (ii) qualifies by both number of persons and income for more than one unit size, then the family chooses the unit size."

That paragraph is completely incoherent.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:37 PM

32,035 posts, read 27,248,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagleNY View Post
Married and family of three here. Told that since we are married that we must share a room.

Section 5-7.A.2.a. of the marketing guidelines states:

"In keeping with the above guidance, to maximize the utilization of its affordable units (another point considered in HUD’s guidance) married or similarly committed couples are assumed to share one bedroom. Apart from that, however, if a family (i) qualifies as a household as defined in these Marketing Guidelines and (ii) qualifies by both number of persons and income for more than one unit size, then the family chooses the unit size."

That paragraph is completely incoherent.

No, not really.

They are saying married, co-habiting or whatever adult couples are assumed (and will for their purposes) share a bedroom. Other than that if the family size qualifies them for a choice of units they can ask for what suits their needs.

If the household has four persons (married couple, one child and an elderly parent), and there are three or two bedroom on offer, assuming the family otherwise qualifies they can pick either. If grandmamma shares a bedroom with her granddaughter it may or may not bother the family, so they will take a two bedroom (again if they qualify), or a three (ditto), and the old woman gets her own bedroom.

Similarly these "affordable" housing schemes IIRC aren't making moral decisions. If household is two adults and a mix of male and female children; while the obvious choice for many would be a three bedroom so each gender of children are separated, a family can elect a two if that is up their street.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potted4 View Post
From what I remember, leasing comes after compliance and HPD approval. It sounds like your application is moving along!

Our application is with the compliance department. Hoping this all doesn't take 12 months!
Be prepared to wait. And then wait some more. Ours is going on 6 months.

Interviewed in November with a low log # and CB preference and our application is still with leasing. First comes intake/interview phase and roundtable approval, then leasing, compliance, and then HDC. We just had to submit more documents (basically things we submitted a couple of times before) to leasing. Told that leasing double checks the file from intake and then sends the application to their internal compliance (who will ask for more documents) before they then send it to HDC for approval before signing. I'm not holding my breath for anything to happen anytime soon.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:05 PM

14 posts, read 15,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagleNY View Post
Be prepared to wait. And then wait some more. Ours is going on 6 months.

Interviewed in November with a low log # and CB preference and our application is still with leasing. First comes intake/interview phase and roundtable approval, then leasing, compliance, and then HDC. We just had to submit more documents (basically things we submitted a couple of times before) to leasing. Told that leasing double checks the file from intake and then sends the application to their internal compliance (who will ask for more documents) before they then send it to HDC for approval before signing. I'm not holding my breath for anything to happen anytime soon.
Did BG have you sign papers before they send your file to HDC?

Old 05-08-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderfullyMade View Post
Did BG have you sign papers before they send your file to HDC?
We haven't been sent to HDC yet that we know of. We don't even know if we have been sent to compliance. The update last week was that we were with leasing.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:47 AM

17 posts, read 20,187 times
Quote:

We just got a message this morning to make an appointment to come and view a few apartments, but I think we still need compliance/HDC approval, etc.

The only info I got about my family size is the response that my 3 person family didn't count as a 3 person family, for some reason. Perhaps I'll ask the leasing people tomorrow if they can clarify.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:58 AM

38 posts, read 35,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_kp View Post
We just got a message this morning to make an appointment to come and view a few apartments, but I think we still need compliance/HDC approval, etc.

The only info I got about my family size is the response that my 3 person family didn't count as a 3 person family, for some reason. Perhaps I'll ask the leasing people tomorrow if they can clarify.

We got the same message this morning. I do know that our application was with compliance last week, so maybe your's has been also?

Keep us posted on the family size question.

Good luck. Maybe we'll end up as neighbors!

Old 05-09-2017, 09:38 AM

250 posts, read 379,110 times
Quote:
We got the same message this morning. I do know that our application was with compliance last week, so maybe your's has been also?

Keep us posted on the family size question.

Good luck. Maybe we'll end up as neighbors!
They still haven't received their certificate of occupancy that is why it's been a long process. You can check the status of it here

Property Profile Overview
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery