Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 09:23 AM

10 posts, read 11,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
have you been called for interview, or have they requested information from you?
I have been called for an interview.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:55 AM

201 posts, read 291,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrines View Post
I have been called for an interview.
wow, good for you.. guess they went right over my log number.. being that i have no preference and i'm below 1,000...

GOOD LUCK!

Old 03-30-2017, 10:46 AM

26 posts, read 34,809 times
Went to an interview for this building one week ago and just was contacted today stating that my paper work was approved but they have no units available. I'm confused as to why my paperwork was approved in one week if no units are available. I applied for one bedroom and have cb preference.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:04 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,842,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInBk View Post
Went to an interview for this building one week ago and just was contacted today stating that my paper work was approved but they have no units available. I'm confused as to why my paperwork was approved in one week if no units are available. I applied for one bedroom and have cb preference.
Why did you do your interview only one week ago if you have CB preference? I thought they did CB long ago. What log no?

Old 03-30-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Why did you do your interview only one week ago if you have CB preference? I thought they did CB long ago. What log no?
Log # 7x,xxx. As stated in previous post I was shocked they contacted me for an interview to begin with. I can only assume a lot of people were denied or pending appeals. Because she didn't say I was "wait-listed" so maybe there's still a chance for a unit to become available. Just a waiting process for now.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:39 PM

201 posts, read 291,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInBk View Post
Log # 7x,xxx. As stated in previous post I was shocked they contacted me for an interview to begin with. I can only assume a lot of people were denied or pending appeals. Because she didn't say I was "wait-listed" so maybe there's still a chance for a unit to become available. Just a waiting process for now.
i'm beyond confused... are they still working with preference groups? How do they fill apartments is it based on lowest income to higher income.. or do they go down the list of log#'s......

Old 03-30-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
i'm beyond confused... are they still working with preference groups? How do they fill apartments is it based on lowest income to higher income.. or do they go down the list of log#'s......
I wish I knew all the answers to these questions. The whole process seems confusing. Because I don't know why my paperwork was reviewed to even be approved if no one bedroom unit was available, again this only took one week for approval. I'm sure if one do become available down the road I would have to submit updated documents.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:50 PM

9 posts, read 31,999 times
Just got word about signing a lease. I've been a fly on the wall on this forum and would like thank everyone who gave info. If anyone has any questions feel free to message me. Log number in the upper 20,000s and I have cb.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:58 PM

10 posts, read 11,749 times
Quote:
My guess is there are essentially two lotteries within one. There are those participating in a lottery for the lower income apartments and those in a lottery for the middle income apartments. Throw in the preferences and it gets even more complicated. Ttherefore, having a low log number is probably not even half the battle.

Old 04-03-2017, 09:00 AM

60 posts, read 67,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrines View Post
Can I ask what your unit/family size is and the related rent? I keep getting different numbers from different people between the ad, BG's estimate, and one of the commenters above. Would be nice to have a hard numbers from someone who was approved.
Hi - We are a family of 4 (2 kids). We are in between the 2 bed and 3 bed and fit within both. We are hoping for a 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery