Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,690 times

Advertisements

Can a couple get a 2 bedroom or only families?

Old 04-04-2017, 07:20 AM

201 posts, read 292,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inwooders View Post
Can a couple get a 2 bedroom or only families?
a couple alone can not just get a two bedroom. chances are a studio or one bedroom.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:39 AM

2 posts, read 3,133 times
Default Log #s over 50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
What log# are they up top? and are they still working on preference groups?
I think they're still working on preference groups: I have CB preference and log # in the 50,000s. I've made it through round table but they haven't passed my paperwork to the city. They keep delaying over and over again, asking for more paperwork, and saying the city is backlogged. Getting very frustrated with this process, how long it's taking, and the lack of transparency and communication. I was interviewed in late January and have been waiting for them for over 2 months so far.

As of today Breaking Ground says that the city isn't reviewing applications over 50,000. Is anyone else over 50,000 getting the same message/treatment?

Old 04-05-2017, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInBk View Post
Went to an interview for this building one week ago and just was contacted today stating that my paper work was approved but they have no units available. I'm confused as to why my paperwork was approved in one week if no units are available. I applied for one bedroom and have cb preference.
What range is your log #? I also have CB preference but haven't been told that there aren't units available... I wonder if they're not sharing that bad news with everyone

Old 04-06-2017, 08:02 AM

26 posts, read 34,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytuque View Post
What range is your log #? I also have CB preference but haven't been told that there aren't units available... I wonder if they're not sharing that bad news with everyone
Log # 7x,xxx... they may not be sharing that bad news with everyone with lower log #'s. I just don't get why they interview so many people (with high log #'s) getting their hopes up. I'm sure when they call me months later my income would change.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:36 PM

10 posts, read 11,757 times
Can anyone explain how they calculate income? Their "projection" was about 30K off during my interview.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:32 PM

10 posts, read 12,460 times
Hello guys! I was interviewed for a two bedroom unit on 3/13/17...Log number 42,XXX with Community Board Preference. I've been handing in documents for the past month. I received an email today asking that I hand in 6 consecutive rent receipts. I'm a little nervous because up to this point, it seems as though all of my documents were fine. Over the past 6 months, I had two missing money orders that I tracked and was refunded. This made it look like I had late rent payments. Currently, I am up to date with my rent. Does anyone on here know if this can affect me?

Old 04-11-2017, 11:58 PM

87 posts, read 140,718 times
Hello, I also applied to 250 Ashland they sent me a letter in the mail about an interview my log number is 60K and I have CB preference. I had scheduled my interview the 2nd week of Feb but I went into labor that week and had to reschedule it. So I got my paperwork together. A photocopy of my birth certificate, my state, social, bank statement, rent receipts, con ed bill, lease, a document from my job forgot what at this time though. A form filled out fr my bank which how much money I keep in there because I have direct deposit for my job. When I arrived there the guy asked me a lot of questions. I was really truthful. He asked if I ever had trouble paying the rent I told him I did and went to court but paid the full balance the day I went to court. I also told him that I had 3K debt at the time due to a family member abusing my personal info. I also provided a $25 background check payment. Being that I just had my LO I had to provide them with her info as well as far as birth certificate and social because at the time I applied I wasn't pregnant. So I faxed that info of as soon as I got it. The guy gave me a week. In the meeting I told him I wanted a 2 bedroom because my brother might move in towards the ending of the yr.. I asked the guy how soon would I need to move in if everything went good he told me within the following month....I was nervous about that cause I didn't have the money to put down for first months and last....and I exhausted he only other person that could help me with that and about. A week or 2 went by when the guy I initially met with called me to tell me that they placed me on a "low priority" list or w/e that means due to the fact that my household size had changed. I'm kinda bummed like wat if I DNT get it. My Fam wants me to move back to Queens cause I also applied for 2222 Jackson Ave and that building has a pool, gym and parking garage I believe. I enjoyed living in LIC But I got so use to living in BK like I admire and really love living in BK and wanted to move closer Downtown BK near more transportation being that I have the baby and wanted my fam and friends to feel comfortable wit visiting me more ...so I'm on the fence. I'll see how this plays out everything happens for a reason.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:12 AM

21 posts, read 33,130 times
Is anyone on this forum already moved in? Curious what floor you got.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:32 AM

10 posts, read 12,460 times
@Treasure8430, I know you wanted a two bedroom but you was never suppose to tell them that your brother would be moving in towards the end of the year. That was a no-no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery