Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2017, 03:25 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,849,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderfullyMade View Post
Tax documents that I didn't hand in at first.
How did you get that far without handing in your taxes? lol

Old 03-20-2017, 03:32 PM

14 posts, read 15,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
How did you get that far without handing in your taxes? lol
I was just missing the 1099 form.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:08 PM

201 posts, read 292,581 times
Quote:
I wonder if other developments take this long!
yes.. yes they do! it's a pain in the a**, especially when you get contacted and they tell you one thing and you end up waiting who knows HOW LONG to hear back.. I'm so over everything..

Old 03-20-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
yes.. yes they do! it's a pain in the a**, especially when you get contacted and they tell you one thing and you end up waiting who knows HOW LONG to hear back.. I'm so over everything..
How long have you been waiting for a response?! This process has me so paranoid!

Old 03-20-2017, 06:05 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,849,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
I'm generally fine with how long it takes. The long application process is necessary in order to process applications correctly and fairly. According to the guidelines, a developer may not submit a file to HPD for approval (or if they do, HPD will not approve an applicant) if there is an applicant with a lower log number whose application is still pending. This ensures fairness for all but can make the process very slow. In addition, a lot of the delays may just be construction delays.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I'm generally fine with how long it takes. The long application process is necessary in order to process applications correctly and fairly. According to the guidelines, a developer may not submit a file to HPD for approval (or if they do, HPD will not approve an applicant) if there is an applicant with a lower log number whose application is still pending. This ensures fairness for all but can make the process very slow. In addition, a lot of the delays may just be construction delays.
I agree with you but I also believe that the developer should at least get in contact with us and inform us of what we are up to within the process. This avoids people constantly calling/e-mailing the office to ask them about our application. In the end, I believe it saves both parties the headache.

Last edited by WonderfullyMade; 03-20-2017 at 06:26 PM..

Old 03-21-2017, 07:34 AM

201 posts, read 292,581 times
Quote:
How long have you been waiting for a response?! This process has me so paranoid!
well i'm not in CB. but my log # is 7**.. which i would think a whole year later somebody would contact me

Old 03-25-2017, 08:28 PM

10 posts, read 11,757 times
Do income limits & rents remain the same as the original advertisement? My income as a 3 person family no longer qualifies me, but I qualify as a four person family (I might be pregnant). Just wondering how this will all play out as I have been called for an interview.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:11 AM

8 posts, read 11,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrines View Post
Do income limits & rents remain the same as the original advertisement? My income as a 3 person family no longer qualifies me, but I qualify as a four person family (I might be pregnant). Just wondering how this will all play out as I have been called for an interview.

I you find that you are pregnant, tell them so they can update your file for an increase in family size. You will need to provide proof (ie. a letter from your doctor). I just found out I'm pregnant, and we went from a family of 3 to a family of 4. It makes a difference, so tell they asap once you have proof from your doctor.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:31 AM

8 posts, read 11,369 times
Quote:
What made them decline you after a YEAR after seeing the units?!

They rejected us bc they said that my husband had activity in his bank account during a period when he was unemployed, which looked to them like he had undeclared income. This activity was due to my being on bed rest while I was pregnant, and him taking care of the bills with my paychecks from his account. We tried to appeal, but by the time they got back to us the apartment was given to someone else. After a year long application this was the reason they gave us, even though they had our current bank records throughout the process. It was heart breaking. But I learned my lesson that the lottery process is not a level playground. Instead of helping people to qualify they look for reasons to not to qualify the applicant, which results in a endless supply of paperwork submissions, and appeals which forces a lot of applicants to give up.

We just got our rejection letter this weekend, due to a gross overestimate in income of almost $20,000. During our first application Breaking Ground did the exact same overestimation, simply bc they mistakenly calculated a part time job as a full time one. We will appeal and it will take another month for a response, and the cycle goes on...I feel like this lottery is a scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery