Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 11:49 AM

994 posts, read 1,056,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_kp View Post
We're scheduled to see a couple units tomorrow. After that, I believe our application goes to the Leasing Office, Compliance, and HDC.
I don't know if you can share, but the Marketing handbook section 4-4(4)(9) "...If an applicant meets eligibility requirements for more than one available unit type in a project, the Marketing Agent must make the applicant aware of all available unit types for which the applicant is eligible, and offer to the applicant
the opportunity to select the unit type..."

...if you qualified for a 2 bedroom as well as a one bedroom, would you be allowed to choose which type you want?

Old 05-16-2017, 12:04 PM

532 posts, read 786,777 times
Hello all,
I'm guessing i wasn't selected my log was only 525.
i'm really sad

Old 05-16-2017, 12:37 PM

17 posts, read 20,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
I don't know if you can share, but the Marketing handbook section 4-4(4)(9) "...If an applicant meets eligibility requirements for more than one available unit type in a project, the Marketing Agent must make the applicant aware of all available unit types for which the applicant is eligible, and offer to the applicant
the opportunity to select the unit type..."

...if you qualified for a 2 bedroom as well as a one bedroom, would you be allowed to choose which type you want?
Maybe? I supposed we will find out tomorrow. Actually, all the documents we were given said we were eligible for a 2 or 3 BR unit but have been told otherwise from BG.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Maybe? I supposed we will find out tomorrow. Actually, all the documents we were given said we were eligible for a 2 or 3 BR unit but have been told otherwise from BG.
hmm, very very interesting indeed. Please keep us posted, if you don't mind. I really want to know the outcome of this for what Im assuming is a (2) person household?

Old 05-16-2017, 12:53 PM

17 posts, read 20,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannerundKatze View Post
hmm, very very interesting indeed. Please keep us posted, if you don't mind. I really want to know the outcome of this for what Im assuming is a (2) person household?
We are 2 at the moment with a 3rd on the way. Will keep you posted!

Old 05-16-2017, 01:26 PM

201 posts, read 291,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANTNYCAPART View Post
Hello all,
I'm guessing i wasn't selected my log was only 525.
i'm really sad
my EXACT ISSUE!!!!! i never heard from them.. and my LOG isn't far from yours

Old 05-16-2017, 01:29 PM

532 posts, read 786,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
my EXACT ISSUE!!!!! i never heard from them.. and my LOG isn't far from yours
yeah really sucks
really beautiful place, i was hoping i could finally move out lol nope

Old 05-16-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
We are 2 at the moment with a 3rd on the way. Will keep you posted!
Thank you and congratulations!!!

Old 05-16-2017, 04:40 PM

10 posts, read 12,447 times
Hello guys,

It's not that a NDA was signed!!! If Someone gets accepted for an apartment, most likely they're busy with moving out of their old place and into the new one, which is not an easy task!! I happen to be one of those people that were granted an apartment Managments.. This Managment is being nicer than other management offfices because some people don't even respond to give updates in other lottery processes. I just believe that, every indvidual's wait time varies. My process took exactly two months, from the time of my interview to the move in time. It's okay to check for an update every two weeks or so, but other than that it's just a waiting game.

Also, now that I am in there, I see firsthand why they would not want to call 10 people at one time to sign leases and move in. The building is spectacular and they would not want to crowd it up, while their tenants come and go. I know it's nerve wrecking guys ughhhh! I lost my mind waiting for an answer but stay positive and they will call. Those of you that didn't get disqualified have a huge chance of still getting in

Old 05-17-2017, 10:19 AM

201 posts, read 291,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortGreeneQueen View Post
Hello guys,

It's not that a NDA was signed!!! If Someone gets accepted for an apartment, most likely they're busy with moving out of their old place and into the new one, which is not an easy task!! I happen to be one of those people that were granted an apartment Managments.. This Managment is being nicer than other management offfices because some people don't even respond to give updates in other lottery processes. I just believe that, every indvidual's wait time varies. My process took exactly two months, from the time of my interview to the move in time. It's okay to check for an update every two weeks or so, but other than that it's just a waiting game.

Also, now that I am in there, I see firsthand why they would not want to call 10 people at one time to sign leases and move in. The building is spectacular and they would not want to crowd it up, while their tenants come and go. I know it's nerve wrecking guys ughhhh! I lost my mind waiting for an answer but stay positive and they will call. Those of you that didn't get disqualified have a huge chance of still getting in
thank you!!! enjoy your new apartment, for i am sure you worked hard for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery