Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 08:58 AM

126 posts, read 169,667 times

Advertisements

Yep security deposit was same day. The amount was 1 month of rent, in my case, a $1,135 money order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 02:14 PM

43 posts, read 64,922 times
Default Why Get Penalized?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUNYC View Post
I picked out my apartment on Saturday, they gave me 2 choices, which I obviously went with the bigger one of the two. 5, including mine, out of 6 1 bedroom $1135 apts at that rent amount have already been assigned. Was told what others have already mentioned, move in date would be as soon as the CO is issued. I was told if there is still no CO issued 120 days from the date that my paperwork was originally submitted on my behalf to HPD, I would have to resubmit all paperwork again and get it approved by HPD again, meaning recent paystubs etc. The woman who took my security deposit said everyone at the property managemnet office is hoping for the CO to be issued before January,
Is anyone else who has already chosen an apartment concerned about this? Assuming that after your interview the paperwork is immediately submitted to HPD and it takes about 1-2 weeks for them to accept it then based on this the majority of people who have been approved are facing an end of December to January deadline when they would have to resubmit everything again for approval if the CO has not been issued yet. My main worry is problems suddenly appearing on the second go-around that was not a problem the first time the paperwork was reviewed . Considering the over 60K people that applied for the 80 or so apartments, I'm worried about any shenanigans that may happen costing you the apartment and it going to someone else now . I just wish we all knew what is the hold-up with the CO since it seems that the majority of apartments have all been allocated. [CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 11-23-2016, 02:40 PM

4,787 posts, read 6,612,817 times
Yes, in a very stressful process, this can be the worst part: hoping that your information doesn't change while you wait for the apartment to be ready!

Cross your fingers and say a prayer that the building gets the C of O before you have to requalify!

Old 11-26-2016, 05:32 PM

162 posts, read 249,054 times
Has anyone been called in to view the 1 bedrooms for $1861. I qualify and credit check was done on 11/17 and was asked to sign a tax form that was missed on my 10/4 interview.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:26 PM

5 posts, read 10,571 times
DiddleBee, I'm also waiting on a one bedroom at that price but haven't heard anything. I will let you know if that changes.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:45 PM

43 posts, read 64,922 times
Someone had told me that the move-in date was scheduled for December 1st. I just checked the Building Department website links that elbasurero gave in an earlier post and it still shows that no CO has been given. We're less than 2 days away so I guess it's not going to happen now?

Old 11-29-2016, 09:34 AM

I think its safe to assume that a Dec. 1st move in date will not happen. Its illegal for anyone to live in a property without a CO. UNLESS the CO is issued on Dec 1st, but I have no idea how CO's for these buildings are issued. Anyone here know?

Old 11-29-2016, 09:59 AM

From nyc.gov:

Checking a Certificate of Occupancy
To check a property’s Certificate of Occupancy (CO) or when
your building was built, visit NYC Department of Buildings. Once you are
there, enter the property’s address in the first box on the bottom
left of our website, click on Find, and click “View Certificates of
Occupancy.” For pending COs, click on “Jobs/Filings” near the
bottom of the page.

There are 31 Jobs/filings listed on the buildings page:

Job Overview

This is the most recent one, dated 11/25/2016

Application Details

Looks like theres still plumbing work to be done, but at least the ball is rolling judging by the fact that the filing was dated last Friday. Maybe someone can better decipher the engineering jargon on that page?

Old 11-29-2016, 10:07 AM

61 posts, read 94,766 times
Yes QUNYC,

After all documentation is submitted to the Department of buildings (DOB) an inspector will come and verify that all the work on the permits are done. Also that all violations are resolved. If the work is done correctly the DOB will issue a c of o. So the plumbing, fire safety system, emergency lights ...etc has to be done.

So the possible scenarios are:
1. The owner is waiting for an onsite inspection.
2. Something needed to be done before the inspection

The good news is that if DOB is holding from issuing the C of O or the owner is still getting all the work done, that's good for us. It prevents shortcuts that is common in today's buildings and it insures that the tenets are protected.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:54 AM

41 posts, read 54,279 times
Hi!

I received a letter in October stating my interview was canceled due to a system error and to expect something in the mail after November. Still have not received the 2nd letter. Has anyone else experienced something like this? I wonder if I will get called in for an interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery