Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2017, 11:20 AM

16 posts, read 19,866 times

Advertisements

Have you googled Langsam property management? Read the reviews. After my first initial interview with Leslie she said you will hear from us in around a week to 10 days. It was over 2 months with no communication in between. When I went to see my apartment options the gentleman there had no idea who I was and why I was even there. He had to call someone to find out what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 01:11 PM

61 posts, read 94,702 times
So I went last week to the building and I spoke with one of the construction workers. He told me that this week con Edison was going to test the gas lines. So in my experience is that once this is done meters will be installed, this can take a few weeks. The gas check and inspection MUST BE DONE FIRST before a City inspection is done for a CO. So the 1/15 is not going to happend. Maybe the earliest if everything is perfect will be next month when we move in. Landsame gage us that date because the owner said the inspection was going to be on 1/1/2017. DOB is closed in New Years!!!

Old 01-06-2017, 01:18 PM

126 posts, read 169,472 times
elbasurero, thanks for the info. I'm tempted to go myself and ask a few questions because its obvious at this point Langsam is just throwing out "hopeful" dates. I wish they would just give us a realistic date, I'd be happy if they told me March if it was a concrete date. At least then I wouldn't have things on hold waiting for the move holding my breath.

Old 01-06-2017, 01:37 PM

189 posts, read 287,648 times
AHHHHHHHHHHH this is so annoying!!! I think I am past the 120 days and will have to resubmit paperwork!!! Seriously!?! It shouldn't be its not my fault or anyone else who got approved that they haven't signed a lease yet! The system with the city is so screwed!!!

Old 01-06-2017, 01:43 PM

16 posts, read 19,866 times
I cant speak for everyone but the person I met with was not going to date the paperwork until the CO was issued so I hope that is the case for everyone.

Old 01-06-2017, 01:52 PM

Which paperwork??? The letter that stated what apt you would occupy???

Mike did you give a security deposit?

Old 01-06-2017, 01:58 PM

126 posts, read 169,472 times
When i went to choose my apartment and give my deposit, they told me that I should be fine regarding the 120 days since they apparently told everyone not to date any papers they submitted in the initial interview stage. Problem is, when I went I was never told this and clearly remember dating every paper. I went on October 17 so I'm assuming the "no date" idea occurred to them after this date.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:00 PM

162 posts, read 248,873 times
All my paperwork on my interview was signed and dated and I'm sure HPD has dated documentation as well.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:18 PM

43 posts, read 64,862 times
I know I must sound paranoid but I'm very concerned about this resubmission process. I had mentioned in past posts that it is not that uncommon to get disqualified after this even though nothing has changed regarding your financials or living situation. My friend whose husband use to work for HPD told her that it's up to whoever is assigned to review the paperwork who may be different from the first person who reviewd it. The secod person may have issues with the paperwork that weren't issues with the first person. This is why he said you don't want to go through the resubmission processes again. Maybe I'm more anxious than I should be about this but this is only information I have regarding this process. Maybe someone here might have more information?

Old 01-06-2017, 02:30 PM

I do have a slight change in income - got a raise for 2017 but it still falls within the range of the apt I was approved for, but I am nervous because they always calculate income differently. They have some sort of formula.

I don't remember if I dated anything!! AH! Dammit I should have asked for copies of everything I was signing. My interview was late summer. So I am well over the 120 days!

The 120 Day Rule SHOULD NOT EXIST!!! AFTER YOU'VE BEEN APPROVED SERIOUSLY SPEAKING! ITS NOT OUR FAULT WE HAVEN'T MOVED IN YET!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery