Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2016, 08:47 AM

162 posts, read 249,076 times

Advertisements

Any new news anybody. I emailed inquiring about the status of my application. I have until the end of the month to let my current landlord know if I'm renewing my lease. Not sure what to do.

Last edited by DiddleBee; 12-03-2016 at 09:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 08:35 AM

5 posts, read 10,573 times
No news on my end, Diddlebee. Still waiting to hear if HPD has approved my application. For QUNYC, it sounds like it was about a month from credit check to getting the call to come in and select an apartment. I think it might be more than a month for us because of the Thanksgiving holiday.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:03 PM

Thank you for responding PhantomDG. They are still interviewing until the end of December.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:54 AM

61 posts, read 94,776 times
At this point since so many of us are holding on our lease or in my case my lease is up, I wish the Owner or the Management would contact us and communicate exactly what’s holding things up and a reasonable move in date.

I went last week to the building to ask but couldn’t find anyone to speak too. The office space isn’t completed. I’m wondering if that’s the issue?
But again, a letter, email…etc. from management would be nice.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:24 AM

Why would they still be interviewing into January. I'm sure that have filled all apts by now.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:26 PM

126 posts, read 169,689 times
DiddleBee you have mentioned a couple of times that they are still interviewing. Just curious, where did you hear that from?

Old 12-06-2016, 01:42 PM

from the link they provided to schedule an interview Steinway Estates Genbook.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:51 PM

from the link they provided to schedule an interview Steinway Estates Genbook.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:33 AM

43 posts, read 64,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbasurero View Post
At this point since so many of us are holding on our lease or in my case my lease is up, I wish the Owner or the Management would contact us and communicate exactly what’s holding things up and a reasonable move in date.

I went last week to the building to ask but couldn’t find anyone to speak too. The office space isn’t completed. I’m wondering if that’s the issue?
But again, a letter, email…etc. from management would be nice.

I'm also in the same boat and now I'm stuck paying a temporarily higher rent because I had been told by the management company that December 1st was the move-in date. Since my lease was up fortunately at the end of November, I informed my landlord that I would not be renewing the lease. He immediately started showing my apartment to potential new tenants and had someone lined up when I had to let him know that I will not be able to leave just yet since I have no idea what is happening with the new building despite having been told that December 1st would be the move-in date. I have not received any update even though I've left messages with management. So I got stuck asking my landlord to let me go month-to-month which he agreed to but at a HIGHER rent than what it would have been had I just signed a new lease! If this isn't bad enough now I'm worried to death about this 120 day deadline that QUNYC posted earlier where I would have to re-qualify if I have not moved in to the new building by then. I've heard that it is not uncommon to get disqualified during the re-qualification process even though absolutely nothing has changed in your paperwork or current situation from when you first qualified. It seems like it comes down to who at HPD is handling your papers the second time who may be different from the first time. I suppose it's kinda like how no 2 restaurant inspectors will evaluate a restaurant exactly the same. One inspector may be much harsher and more difficult to pass with than the other. If god forbid I get rejected during the re-qualification process not only would I lose this new apartment which would break my heart but I would also have to renew my current lease at a much higher rent than if I had just originally renewed my lease & the landlord and his broker had not incurred expenses thinking that I was moving out by Dec 1st.

I don't understand why a simple call, letter or email to let us know that there is a delay and what is happening as elbasurero said is not something that is automatic if not out of responsibility then at least out of courtesy. People's lives are on hold and both action and inaction in this case have consequences. I'm now left with paying higher expenses which means less money left at the end of the day and my landlord's ill-will towards me because I was not afforded something as simple as some form of communication. I'm sure there are others who have been accepted and who are experiencing their own problems because they're also left in the dark.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:12 PM

126 posts, read 169,689 times
I feel for you guys that are having situations with your current lease. The only thing keeping me sane during this process is observing the changes and updates to the buildings job filings on the buildings BIS website page. At least this lets me know that things regarding the construction of the building itself are progressing. I've become almost obsessive with it ha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery