Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2017, 07:57 PM

275 posts, read 257,723 times

Advertisements

Maybe next week.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:36 PM

712 posts, read 772,578 times
That's all we can hope for, another next week.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:30 PM

I could be packing this weekend. UGH!!

Old 09-16-2017, 06:50 PM

20 posts, read 21,181 times
Hey guys, I didn't get selected for this building but recently went on my interview and submitted all forms for the affordable housing at 66 Ainslie. I know these things take time but I'm desperately trying to quit/change jobs and my employers are also ready for me to leave but we have agreed that I work there until this apartment situation gets sorted, under the pretext that this process would only last 3-4 weeks. I can't wait any longer and I'm worried that the management company is going to continue to dangle this golden carrot in my face for MONTHS indefinitely while they keep pushing it back "2 weeks". I can stand this for another 3 weeks but honestly not much longer.

Given the length of this thread it seems like that's been the case for these units. My question is, what was the initial predicted timeline vs. How long it's been?

Any advice/info helpful. Thank you.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnagevisors View Post
Hey guys, I didn't get selected for this building but recently went on my interview and submitted all forms for the affordable housing at 66 Ainslie. I know these things take time but I'm desperately trying to quit/change jobs and my employers are also ready for me to leave but we have agreed that I work there until this apartment situation gets sorted, under the pretext that this process would only last 3-4 weeks. I can't wait any longer and I'm worried that the management company is going to continue to dangle this golden carrot in my face for MONTHS indefinitely while they keep pushing it back "2 weeks". I can stand this for another 3 weeks but honestly not much longer.

Given the length of this thread it seems like that's been the case for these units. My question is, what was the initial predicted timeline vs. How long it's been?

Any advice/info helpful. Thank you.
They didn't give me a timeline at my first interview, but the latest is they told someone that they want to move people in by the end of October. The building has had a certificate of occupancy for over 2 months, so we really have no idea what they're up to. I don't think you'll be able to nail them down on a timeline. It's sort of not even worth asking, as you've discovered.

Your job sounds like a miserable situation. I think you should look for a different one. Hopefully you'll either find one that keeps you in the same range or find one that pays more and you won't need affordable housing! Good luck. I've put my life on hold for this lottery, and I definitely regret it. At this point I'm seven months in, so I feel like I can't quit now. The old sunk cost fallacy...

Old 09-16-2017, 08:51 PM

387 posts, read 560,191 times
Wow, 7 months! That's crazy. October is less then 3 weeks away so I hope you guys get called in soon! I've been trying to keep up with you guys, have you gone for certification already ? I'm assuming no....?

Old 09-16-2017, 09:42 PM

NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING & and more NOTHING!

Old 09-17-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
Wow, 7 months! That's crazy. October is less then 3 weeks away so I hope you guys get called in soon! I've been trying to keep up with you guys, have you gone for certification already ? I'm assuming no....?
I've submitted my verification documents twice now (they expired the first time). Right now just hoping for a call saying they're going to send my file to HPD. Thanks for the well wishes!

Old 09-17-2017, 09:30 AM

387 posts, read 560,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesnyc View Post
I've submitted my verification documents twice now (they expired the first time). Right now just hoping for a call saying they're going to send my file to HPD. Thanks for the well wishes!
Gosh, I can only imagine the anxiety. I really would like to know the real reason they're taking so long. And NO ONE has moved in yet (affordable apartments) ?

Old 09-17-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslove View Post
Gosh, I can only imagine the anxiety. I really would like to know the real reason they're taking so long. And NO ONE has moved in yet (affordable apartments) ?
I don't think anyone has moved into the market or affordable apartments, but there might be some people who aren't on the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery