Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2017, 04:24 PM

712 posts, read 772,578 times

Advertisements

11 weeks since interview, 7 weeks since acceptance Ugh!!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2017, 04:27 PM

Everyone may not be on the blog., wishful thinking that we are the only four. Again, be patient and be ready. I feel that when they start up it will be fast moving.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:58 AM

275 posts, read 257,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
I guess this is why they stopped calling people. They knew the building wasn't ready yet. At least we got in early. Means we get first dibs on the apartments when they are ready. I really find it hard to believe that it's just us four waiting though.
I kind of wish they hadn't called me until later, so I wouldn't be constantly thinking about it! Do you think there are just a lot of lurkers or non-city data people who got called or that they aren't very far in the process of calling people at all?

Old 06-13-2017, 10:00 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,847,113 times
Oh well, I just called my interviewer today for the first time since my interview at the beginning of April. He said the lottery was paused while the building gets its occupancy certificate. He gave me the number of the assistant director of leasing and she said my application was accepted but need to wait for the certificate of occupancy for my file to be sent to their Compliance dept and then HPD.

So no new information here. But nice to confirm my file is actually still active... She doesn't know anything about the construction status of the building though. What I'm most concerned about is how many other people are waiting. My log number isn't that great (12,xxx). So they may fill up all the units before they reach my log number.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesnyc View Post
I kind of wish they hadn't called me until later, so I wouldn't be constantly thinking about it! Do you think there are just a lot of lurkers or non-city data people who got called or that they aren't very far in the process of calling people at all?
I really don't know. I'm sure there are lots of people in the lottery who haven't found city-data, though I don't know what kind of person wouldn't be obsessively Googling the building trying to get more information, lol. I only found city-data because of another lottery I was in.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:43 AM

Well, thanks for sharing your update. I wish I could figure out a way to get a solid update on the construction.

It seems like they wouldn't bother sending your application to compliance and hpd review if they didn't think they'd have a spot for you. Did they clarify which AMI you're in?

Old 06-13-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesnyc View Post
Well, thanks for sharing your update. I wish I could figure out a way to get a solid update on the construction.

It seems like they wouldn't bother sending your application to compliance and hpd review if they didn't think they'd have a spot for you. Did they clarify which AMI you're in?
The best way to get an update on construction would to go in person ask one of the construction workers, lol. But I wouldn't recommend that. Don't get yourself in trouble.

I don't know how Breaking Ground would know who they do and don't have a spot for. Some people may get disqualified after getting accepted, and vice versa- some people may successfully if they get disqualified (like you did). So they can't know for sure who has a spot and who doesn't.

Still don't know what AMI I'm in...

Old 06-13-2017, 12:39 PM

Again, I say, PATIENCE is all we have, we know that we are further ahead than others. I say to just be ready because when it resumes it will go rapidly though the process, so have your money, moving plan in place so that you will be ready to MOVE IN. Sometimes I feel like I am in a bad dream, like I question myself if I am actually going through this or dreaming. EVERYONE > HOLD ON!!!

Old 06-13-2017, 01:03 PM

Meant to say "appeal successfully" above.

At least now we know for sure that they did stop calling people and why.

Old 06-13-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
The best way to get an update on construction would to go in person ask one of the construction workers, lol. But I wouldn't recommend that. Don't get yourself in trouble.

I don't know how Breaking Ground would know who they do and don't have a spot for. Some people may get disqualified after getting accepted, and vice versa- some people may successfully if they get disqualified (like you did). So they can't know for sure who has a spot and who doesn't.

Still don't know what AMI I'm in...
I can see why they would have people waiting in line, but if there were lots of people ahead of you, maybe we would have heard more on this board, you know? Just trying to be positive.

And I totally would ask a construction worker if I saw one! The only time I went by the boards were up and I couldn't see anyone or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New light baptist View Post
Again, I say, PATIENCE is all we have, we know that we are further ahead than others. I say to just be ready because when it resumes it will go rapidly though the process, so have your money, moving plan in place so that you will be ready to MOVE IN. Sometimes I feel like I am in a bad dream, like I question myself if I am actually going through this or dreaming. EVERYONE > HOLD ON!!!
Haha it's a nightmare and the best dream ever at the same time! I hope you're right that once it resumes it will go fast. My current lease it up at the end of August, so I'm really hoping we hear one way or the other by the end of July so that I can give notice then. If not, I'll try to request a month to month lease going forward until we hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery