Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2017, 03:33 PM

377 posts, read 510,953 times

Advertisements

I love living in this building. There is much construction going on for now but once it's all done it is going to be lovely. It is more of a midtown feel and the only supermarket which is nearby is terrible. But I know that supermarkets will soon be coming to this area.

So are you just waiting to sign your lease? I had to wait quite a while until the COO was issued...I learned to be patient. Good luck to you!

Old 07-08-2017, 03:36 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,848,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incaita View Post
I love living in this building. There is much construction going on for now but once it's all done it is going to be lovely. It is more of a midtown feel and the only supermarket which is nearby is terrible. But I know that supermarkets will soon be coming to this area.

So are you just waiting to sign your lease? I had to wait quite a while until the COO was issued...I learned to be patient. Good luck to you!
What's wrong with Western Beef ?!

Yes we all had our interviews in March-April and we have been waiting since then. The building is lovely and the neighborhood is convenient to midtown, my only problem is that being so far west it's probably a little walk to things like banks, pharmacies, etc. Also the projects are across the street so idk if it's safe to walk at night around there.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:27 PM

712 posts, read 773,289 times
How were you contacted after you were approved? Did you see the unit first? Sign lease? Approved by HPD.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
What's wrong with Western Beef ?!

Yes we all had our interviews in March-April and we have been waiting since then. The building is lovely and the neighborhood is convenient to midtown, my only problem is that being so far west it's probably a little walk to things like banks, pharmacies, etc. Also the projects are across the street so idk if it's safe to walk at night around there.
It's very disorganized and appears gritty...produce, dairy and meats are often not fresh. I also check expiration dates. Checkout lines are also very long. Shopping there is not a pleasant experience. Yes you will have to walk up the hill to Amsterdam Ave and beyond for banks, pharmacies and supermarkets. The projects do not seem to me to be a concern.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New light baptist View Post
How were you contacted after you were approved? Did you see the unit first? Sign lease? Approved by HPD.
As I recall I waited about three months to get approval from HPD but I think this had something to do with the COO. I was called soon after the COO was issued. A group of us were summoned to the building for an orientation and then we were shown our units. We were given up to 3 days to decide and then were given the choice of dates for lease signing.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:06 PM

I pray the the process move quickly after the C/O is obtained. They want to start taking in money and the sooner the lease up the sooner they can start to receive rent. Also, the condos need a C/O to move in as well. The C/O will be issued to the entire building. I would think that the developer wants it as much as we do.
I feel it in my soul that it will be any day.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:32 PM

I am spending the day at the beach tomorrow and try not to think about this process. These next weeks of July something gotta give. I can't think that this will extend to August without any movement. If you believe in prayer, now is the time.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:59 PM

275 posts, read 258,057 times
Praying for another inspection for sure!

Old 07-10-2017, 07:45 PM

116 posts, read 89,635 times
for the ppl that visit 10FP recently was the building number put up yet?

Old 07-10-2017, 08:06 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,848,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMinnie View Post
for the ppl that visit 10FP recently was the building number put up yet?
if it's going to look anything like this, then not yet:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery