Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2017, 07:40 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,845,395 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I saw something potentially interesting on the NYC Buildings website today. I've been searching it every day for updates and I saw that possibly a Temp C/O was issued on 7/11/2017? I took a pic:

It doesn't show up yet when searching the actual building, but it shows up when you search C/O Application # 121333342 for the building.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:16 AM

712 posts, read 771,878 times
WOW! Another step forward. I wonder how that affects the process? Again, I say I feel that in my soul it's going to move soon.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New light baptist View Post
WOW! Another step forward. I wonder how that affects the process? Again, I say I feel that in my soul it's going to move soon.
A Temporary Certificate of Occupancy means the building is safe to occupy but minor construction is still ongoing. It is usually issued long before a final Certificate of Occupancy. For example, 21 West End Avenue next door still only has a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy, and they have had residents (both lottery and market rate) for almost a year now.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:44 AM

275 posts, read 257,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiivile View Post
Hi all, I saw something potentially interesting on the NYC Buildings website today. I've been searching it every day for updates and I saw that possibly a Temp C/O was issued on 7/11/2017? I took a pic:

It doesn't show up yet when searching the actual building, but it shows up when you search C/O Application # 121333342 for the building.
Yess!! I hope this is right. Maybe we will get a call this week after all!

Phoenix, any insight on this with your expertise??

Old 07-12-2017, 08:59 AM

Given how naturally slow this process is, even if a C of O was issued this week, I doubt we'll hear anything for a little while. I'd give it a couple weeks. End of July they predicted for viewings, right?

Old 07-12-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Given how naturally slow this process is, even if a C of O was issued this week, I doubt we'll hear anything for a little while. I'd give it a couple weeks. End of July they predicted for viewings, right?
I think the only thing we have heard about end of July was Ms. Paulino to Hminnie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMinnie View Post
not a letter a email. When I reach out back in may to Ms. Paulino she just basically said somebody will reach out at the end of July to approve applicants to view a apt and a month or so after for lease signing.
As far as second lease signing im just generally speaking, I know you can only sign a Lease like the 1st or 15th of the month so hopefully we would fall straight into that
I wonder what the order of events will be for going forward? It seems like people in other threads are viewing their apartments prior to HPD approval, which seems backwards to me. If I get to see an apartment and then get denied it will be so awful.

1-compliance review & approval
2-view apartment
3-HPD review & approval
4-sign lease
5-move-in

I also wonder how long between the approval and lease signing and between lease signing an move-in.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesnyc View Post
I think the only thing we have heard about end of July was Ms. Paulino to Hminnie:

I wonder what the order of events will be for going forward? It seems like people in other threads are viewing their apartments prior to HPD approval, which seems backwards to me. If I get to see an apartment and then get denied it will be so awful.

1-compliance review & approval
2-view apartment
3-HPD review & approval
4-sign lease
5-move-in
HPD is really just a rubber stamp. They won't deny you unless they suspect fraud or errors or preferential treatment being given. I think the above 1-2-3-4-5 is right. I think it makes sense to view apartment before HPD approval because if you turn down the apartment then they don't have to send your file to HPD.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
HPD is really just a rubber stamp. They won't deny you unless they suspect fraud or errors or preferential treatment being given. I think the above 1-2-3-4-5 is right. I think it makes sense to view apartment before HPD approval because if you turn down the apartment then they don't have to send your file to HPD.
Ah ok, that makes sense. Man, I hope this is the real deal!!

Old 07-12-2017, 10:56 AM

26 posts, read 26,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesnyc View Post
Yess!! I hope this is right. Maybe we will get a call this week after all!

Phoenix, any insight on this with your expertise??

None of specs have changed on my end and I check daily, because we get the floor plans before the brokers or public. I hope to surprise you all with at least the floor plans.We gotta plan the decor, right? LOL! I am more in the commercial RE business, which is why I know who the landlord is for Breaking Ground at their current office space, where all our interviews were conducted. The good news is, if a TCO was issued then the building can be occupied however the developers have 90 days to meet compliance to convert to a full CO. They do this on the commercial side to get the tenants in to at least to begin setting up their office spaces, networks, etc. The faster they get you in, they quicker they get their revenue.

Looks like soon....I keep my promise to you all any thing I hear, next stop is here to let you GOOD people know. My mantra is...."we're all neighbors, regardless...so we look out for one another!"

Stay POSITIVE!!!! Looks good, guys

Old 07-12-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFre220 View Post
None of specs have changed on my end and I check daily, because we get the floor plans before the brokers or public. I hope to surprise you all with at least the floor plans.We gotta plan the decor, right? LOL! I am more in the commercial RE business, which is why I know who the landlord is for Breaking Ground at their current office space, where all our interviews were conducted. The good news is, if a TCO was issued then the building can be occupied however the developers have 90 days to meet compliance to convert to a full CO. They do this on the commercial side to get the tenants in to at least to begin setting up their office spaces, networks, etc. The faster they get you in, they quicker they get their revenue.

Looks like soon....I keep my promise to you all any thing I hear, next stop is here to let you GOOD people know. My mantra is...."we're all neighbors, regardless...so we look out for one another!"

Stay POSITIVE!!!! Looks good, guys
I think the Temp C/O's can be renewed indefinitely. For example, 21 West End next door still hasn't received a permanent C/O, but their Temp C/O has been renewed every 90 days for almost a year now. I'm hoping that both Breaking Ground and "Riverside Center Site 5 Owner LLC" (developer) are both ready to move forward now!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.