Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 09:33 AM

430 posts, read 508,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcg View Post
Hi RCx2,

Great news - and I'm sure you'll get a call soon since you're number 1!

I'm also curious about the numbers when the first letter goes out. It seems like there were only 2 studios available this time around. So I'm wondering how many letters they actually send out. I think someone on the 2 bedroom list said that they were 20 something on the list, so I'm wondering if they have a formula like 10 letters per apartment or something.

Good luck and thanks for letting us know what's going on!

hkcg
yea that was me on the 2br list. I had 28th choice (as they put it) of the 3 apartments. i was wondering the same. Do they wait until there's multiple apartments available then cast a wide net or as apartments became available they send out a smaller number of letters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 10:24 AM

15 posts, read 26,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
yea that was me on the 2br list. I had 28th choice (as they put it) of the 3 apartments. i was wondering the same. Do they wait until there's multiple apartments available then cast a wide net or as apartments became available they send out a smaller number of letters.
how quickly was the turn around for 28th choice for you? did you end up getting an apartment?

Old 01-28-2019, 10:37 AM

430 posts, read 508,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elee610 View Post
how quickly was the turn around for 28th choice for you? did you end up getting an apartment?
i not sure what you mean by turn around time? and no i didn't get offered an apartment.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
i not sure what you mean by turn around time? and no i didn't get offered an apartment.
sorry i misunderstood. good luck to you and i hope you get your next letter soon!

let us know when you do.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:19 PM

26 posts, read 62,985 times
My log number is low 1000’s. I have both community and municipal preferences. ����

Old 01-29-2019, 12:54 PM

6 posts, read 11,208 times
I don’t think there is a set formula for how many viewing letters go out. I was in the 20s with the first letter and much higher on the external list, so that list must not be as up to date. As others have stated on the forum, many applicants are either no longer interested, no longer qualify, or have moved outside of NYC. If this holds true, my guess is anyone who received a letter with less than 30th choice has a good shot at getting something the next go around.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,233 times
What is your log # for this building? Mine is fairly low, but I still haven’t been contacted for an interview.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:09 AM

4,783 posts, read 6,604,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esolross View Post
What is your log # for this building? Mine is fairly low, but I still haven’t been contacted for an interview.
Are you in a preference group? If not, you have to wait until all those folks are processed.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCx2 View Post
I don’t think there is a set formula for how many viewing letters go out. I was in the 20s with the first letter and much higher on the external list, so that list must not be as up to date. As others have stated on the forum, many applicants are either no longer interested, no longer qualify, or have moved outside of NYC. If this holds true, my guess is anyone who received a letter with less than 30th choice has a good shot at getting something the next go around.
how many apartments were available in the first letter?

Old 01-31-2019, 08:57 AM

37 posts, read 57,984 times
Wow, lots of updates since I last checked in.

I still can't figure out how it works. I received a second letter to view studios back in Oct and I was no. 12th on the list. I accepted both apartments I saw but I received a letter in Nov telling me both studios were taken. One of the the studios I viewed had a HUGE balcony and the price was 16K more. Anyway, I haven't received any more letter after that. But judging from the threads here, no. 16th got a letter to view two studios in Dec...so does it mean I was skipped? I hope I didn't miss any letters....just called the management office and I was told to send an email. I also misplaced my computer no. so let's hope I will get a response soon :'(

Good luck everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery