Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2015, 08:56 PM

3 posts, read 6,649 times

Advertisements

Good day all. @lstacy22 i guess thats the 1 bedroom i was just called for. I have an interview on Monday, the apt kitchen is really small. The apt in itself is small, i wish they had a 3 1/2 room available , but hey to be called is a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 06:20 AM

233 posts, read 403,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malymoe View Post
Good day all. @lstacy22 i guess thats the 1 bedroom i was just called for. I have an interview on Monday, the apt kitchen is really small. The apt in itself is small, i wish they had a 3 1/2 room available , but hey to be called is a good thing.
Hey Malymoe,

Good luck today! If you get a chance, let us know how it goes.

hkcg

Old 05-18-2015, 06:22 AM

Hi All,

I just checked my waiting list status and it says that I am not on any waiting list. This may be another website problem, but if anyone gets a chance, can you log in and let me know if it gives you your status?

Thanks,

hkcg

Old 05-18-2015, 07:44 AM

25 posts, read 48,424 times
Congrats Malymoe!

Are they offering you the apartment today? Good Luck and let us know.
The 3 room apartments are good if you are living alone. I personally think 780 sq ft is pretty spacious considering this is Manhattan we are talking about. The kitchens are quite small no doubt.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:04 AM

35 posts, read 75,430 times
Congrats Malymoe please share with us your approximate computer number and your journey, to calculate our numbers ... :-). Ty

Old 05-20-2015, 12:50 PM

Hi All,

I know this is a little off topic -
I need a little input from any current residents of the Penn South co-ops(Or anyone that has any ideas) - I'm scratching my head as to what type of curtains/curtain rods I can use for their windows in the living rooms as they are an odd "L" shaped. If anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:18 PM

483 posts, read 691,700 times
Sorry to say I have an L where I am now and I have never known what to do with it... I mean, I have a longer and a shortie curtain rod which meet at right angles on the wall above the windows, but it's not cohesive (wasn't smart enough to overlap the brackets to the two and my walls are irritating plaster), and light kind of leaks in. Is there a separator chunk of wall, or anything where you could do a couple of tension rods stuck inside the window frame, to crisscross at a right angle (or not!)? That was my one thought about my windows where I am, but sadly, window abuts window, so the end of the tension rods would be on glass, which I guess could work OK but I didn't feel like spending the money experimenting. I did some searching for "L shaped curtain rod" once upon a time, and the results... weren't good, I recall that. Oh! I think you can get brackets to suspend a rod from the ceiling, if that helps... Umbra makes them. I snagged a pair once on a whim from, I think, Bed Bath and Beyond, though I never used them.

http://www.amazon.com/Umbra-Ceiling-.../dp/B00FB6R73Q

Last edited by misskittytalks; 05-20-2015 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 05-21-2015, 08:49 AM

Thank you misskittytalks! That's actually very helpful - I think more than likely I will get the Umbra ceiling bracket. Did you use specific rods with them?

Old 06-01-2015, 09:09 AM

154 posts, read 287,526 times
Hkcg, I just logged in, worked for me.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:53 AM

Thanks, Mollybloom!

I logged in again and it was fine. The update date was March 13th, so if they update quarterly, we should see new numbers soon.

Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery