Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 01:04 PM

25 posts, read 48,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanksbetogod View Post
Hi does anyone know to calculate the upper income limit for a studio? Specifically what is the number for the 6% debenture bonds (for cooperators who own bonds) for a 3 room unit?
Is it 6% of 600.00 or is it 600? Thank you for your help

I have a 3 room unit and yes the bond is $600. You will pay the $600 up front when you close. The way it is calculated is $200 per room. However I believe a 3 room unit is not a studio it is a 1 bedroom because that is what I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 12:11 PM

3 posts, read 6,006 times
The NY state residence requirement for mutual - is it 6months and 1 day within the year being considered?

thank you

Old 06-17-2015, 05:02 AM

6 posts, read 11,700 times
I have a quick question, my partner and I were called to look at apartments about 2 weeks ago and we are eagerly awaiting a call for an interview. For the requirements for the interview, they list certified NY state taxes that you can get at your local tax office. I'm a little unclear where this office is and how to get this certified copy. For people that recently had interviews, did you indeed have to go in person to get this certified copy to a NY State of federal tax office? Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 06-17-2015, 07:36 AM

25 posts, read 48,527 times
Jdvjess,

When you say interview I'm assuming you have been offered an apartment and you have decided to accept? That would be the only time they would give you a list of documents they need from you.

The certified copy of your tax return is something you will need to request via the mail from the NYS Dept of Finance and they will send it directly to the management office. I'm not sure if you had spoken to the Allocations department but they will tell you that you do not need that up front because they understand it will take time for it to be mailed.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:24 AM

The letter we received with the apartments to view had a list of documents that will be needed for the interview (if we are called) on the back. It included transcripts of our 2014 federal taxes, W-2's, bank information and landlord information, and Certified copies of our NY state taxes. I want to be completely prepared for the interview and I have all the other documentation. I did ask about where to get the certified copy of our NY state taxes and both the office and letter indicated we needed to get them at our local NY/federal tax office. We saw 7 apartments about 2 weeks ago, and are waiting to see if we are offered any of the apartments.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:00 AM

35 posts, read 75,519 times
Congrats Jdvjess !!

Of course I have to come up with the selfish question - Were you called for a studio or 1 Bedroom? and what is your aprox computer number ? - Just trying to see where I stand.

Thanks Istacy22 for continuing posting and giving us light despite the fact you already got your apt. Hope you solved the curtains issue ;-)

Best

Eduronyc

Old 06-17-2015, 09:25 AM

We were called for a 1 bedroom and our computer number was 361 as of 3/13/15 so we were pretty surprised to be called.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:22 AM

35 posts, read 75,519 times
Thanks a lot Jdvjess, ... great info for all those of us who crunch numbers :-)

Best.

Eduronyc

Old 06-17-2015, 12:55 PM

110 posts, read 219,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdvjess View Post
We were called for a 1 bedroom and our computer number was 361 as of 3/13/15 so we were pretty surprised to be called.
Are you on the 1br with or without balcony list? I'm assuming without because my # is lower than that, but I requested a balcony. I'm so anxious every day when I check my mail!

Good luck with the apartment - hope everything goes smoothly!

Old 06-18-2015, 11:29 AM

We did not indicate we wanted a balcony. I'm so excited that it may turn out that we only have to put 25% down but I'll guess we'll see once we are hopefully called for an apartment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery