Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2015, 05:53 AM

154 posts, read 291,009 times

Advertisements

12 spots up on the 2-bed list, now at #464. Lenalenay, are you ahead of me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 01:08 PM

15 posts, read 29,053 times
Hi mollybloom, you're ahead of me. I'm #513. Hope the list moves quick!

Old 10-18-2015, 04:13 PM

35 posts, read 75,489 times
Hi fellow members,

I have to give you great news. I was out of the country for a little overtwo weeks and when I came back, I found a letter from Penn South. It happenedthat they wrote to me just when I left, so I was late to call when I arrived(last Monday). In any case they invitedme to see the apartments last week, 14 apartments in total. I believe also they have called other 13people from the list. Therefore we all are going to be offered 1 apartment

The apartments are nicer than I expected. They are nicelypainted with plenty of light. Most of them need kitchen floors. No lighting inthe ceilings, all the lighting I guess will come from standing lamps. I wasvery impressed with how clean and well maintained the buildings are. The laundry room is to dream for. Good bye tomy old Laundromat 3 blocks from home. The management team at Penn south turnsout to be very nice and polite, so I expect a nice experience for what is tocome.

So you can calculate your timing I was on the 150’s on thefirst list – and almost 400 on the second one. (I requested no balcony – and obviouslyall the apartments I was invited to see did not have balcony)

I will be reviewing previous post to learn how others havesolved their mortgage issues, etc, and I am looking forward to reciprocateanswering all your questions.

E

Old 10-18-2015, 05:53 PM

4,794 posts, read 6,629,057 times
Congrats! Are you requesting a one bedroom? How long were you on the list? Were any of the apartments on the ground floor?

Old 10-18-2015, 10:09 PM

35 posts, read 75,489 times
Thanks -Yes a One bedroom - no balcony.

There are not aparments on 1st floors - in fact the first floors are called ground floors - the regular second floor would be their first floor.

Best

E

Old 10-19-2015, 06:09 AM

233 posts, read 404,031 times
Wow! You must be so excited! Let us know how it goes, and thanks for letting us know. It's always helpful to see how the list moves.

I think there are over 1000 one-bedrooms, so I guess that list is moving faster. There are only about 250 studios, so my list is not going to move as fast, but it's always fun to read about somebody getting the letter asking them to come look.

Good luck with the financial/paperwork part.

hkcg

Old 10-19-2015, 06:32 AM

110 posts, read 219,237 times
Curious if anyone has been offered a 1br with a balcony?? I haven't seen anyone posting about that! My # is pretty low on the 1br waiting list, but I think I screwed myself by asking for a balcony! I don't even mind waiting a while since I just moved into a new place that I love but I wish I at least had a ballpark idea. Like, I have no clue if I'll be called in 6 months or 5 years! So hard to tell!!!

Old 10-19-2015, 08:08 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,274,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyDNYC View Post
Curious if anyone has been offered a 1br with a balcony?? I haven't seen anyone posting about that! My # is pretty low on the 1br waiting list, but I think I screwed myself by asking for a balcony! I don't even mind waiting a while since I just moved into a new place that I love but I wish I at least had a ballpark idea. Like, I have no clue if I'll be called in 6 months or 5 years! So hard to tell!!!
Balconies are not rare at Penn South and I can't imagine that would hold up your number much. IMO, the balcony is worth it and I use mine all the time in warm weather--though other residents don't seem to use them at all.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:42 PM

154 posts, read 291,009 times
How many 2-bedrooms are there, anyone know? And congrats eduronyc, this is amazing news!

Old 10-21-2015, 07:00 AM

233 posts, read 404,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybloom View Post
How many 2-bedrooms are there, anyone know? And congrats eduronyc, this is amazing news!
I think the website says there are 879 two- bedroom apartments. Not sure about balcony vs. non.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery