Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2021, 05:38 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,563,439 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much! This is great info. Also, she was saying, even though the kitchen was pretty large (it was a studio E line), she said there was no room for a dishwasher. When I looked at the floor plan, I didn't understand why a person couldn't move everything down to make room. What do you think?

https://static.pennsouth.coop/floor_...left_typ_e.pdf

Last edited by macnyc2003; 05-17-2021 at 05:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2021, 12:46 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,683,641 times
She could do a renovation I guess and get one of those "drawer" dishwashers that go in a single drawer. No?

Old 05-18-2021, 10:37 AM

59 posts, read 65,819 times
Has anyone logged in to the Applicants portal? I just noticed a newer section in the portal: a Home section? I click on it and it says: My Waiting List Applications - There are no waiting list applications for this household.

Does anyone know what this about? I'm guessing they are going to have the waiting list applications going to an online format? This seems to be a new feature of the portal.

Old 05-18-2021, 11:18 AM

Yes, I don't know what that Home means. Maybe Penn South is adding the internal transfer applicants?

Old 05-18-2021, 02:13 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyc19 View Post
Has anyone logged in to the Applicants portal? I just noticed a newer section in the portal: a Home section? I click on it and it says: My Waiting List Applications - There are no waiting list applications for this household.

Does anyone know what this about? I'm guessing they are going to have the waiting list applications going to an online format? This seems to be a new feature of the portal.
Mine weirdly says External Waiting List - 3 Bedroom which is incorrect. But the External Waiting List tab has my correct studio list.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:28 AM

483 posts, read 691,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernyc View Post
there's certainly a segment of the PS population that have a second home. i know two of my neighbors mention theirs when we discussed how/where we experienced the first wave of the pandemic.
Absolutely true from what I understand, and in fact I think was discussed on the prior list, much to the same dismay of the people who are not cooperators yet. Folks need to remember that these are probably original cooperators from the 60s. They may have inherited a second home from relations; if not that, these people probably haven’t had a mortgage for decades, lol.

AFAIK, the only requirement is that you must spend the majority of your days laying your head down on your pillow in PS; aka the ‘it must be your primary residence’ language.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:30 AM

Misskitty, how do you like it at Penn South? How is the neighborhood? And the security? A friend was recently called for a studio and turned down the opportunity. She didn't feel safe in the neighborhood and didn't like how packages were just left in the lobby.

Old 05-21-2021, 02:56 PM

483 posts, read 691,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Misskitty, how do you like it at Penn South? How is the neighborhood? And the security? A friend was recently called for a studio and turned down the opportunity. She didn't feel safe in the neighborhood and didn't like how packages were just left in the lobby.
I like it a lot! I was porch pirated once and the first I found out about it was when the police were at my door same day to find out what was in the mystery packages - Security saw the thief on security cam. They have been raising the NYPL presence in the neighborhood - came back from one walk at twilight to see police cars around all 4 sides of the block. We are a little high on homeless population at the moment, I grant - purportedly this is because of the preponderance of churches in the area that offer food but not shelter.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:57 PM

43 posts, read 74,352 times
Do you guys get "External Applicant Eligibility Screening" added to your Pennsouth homepage?

Old 05-26-2021, 11:47 AM

59 posts, read 65,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holian View Post
Do you guys get "External Applicant Eligibility Screening" added to your Pennsouth homepage?
Holian,

I don't think I see that in my portal. Maybe your number is low and you are getting close to being called, and that is why it is in your profile?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery