Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 09:48 AM

61 posts, read 74,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalawavvii View Post
My log is 7xx. It’s not too crazy low but what prompted me to ask you some questions was when I saw your log number was 5xx. So I apologize for empathizing extremely low lol. I thought about it and it does sound like an exaggeration. You’re very lucky that they emailed you something at least. I’m still waiting and I have sufficient income and I don’t live too far from the neighborhood.
Lol no worries. My log # is actually 1xx. That’s why I asked you yours because if I’m that low and they just emailed me 04/14 they probably haven’t reached yours as yet. So don’t give up hope. Have you gotten a chance to see the building if it’s done being built?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 03:17 PM

77 posts, read 74,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamona.Moonsammy View Post
Lol no worries. My log # is actually 1xx. That’s why I asked you yours because if I’m that low and they just emailed me 04/14 they probably haven’t reached yours as yet. So don’t give up hope. Have you gotten a chance to see the building if it’s done being built?
I have not passed by over there yet because I’ve been in quarantine. When I used to it was still in the building stages. I hope it’s as beautiful as it looks on the website.

Old 04-19-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
I have not passed by over there yet because I’ve been in quarantine. When I used to it was still in the building stages. I hope it’s as beautiful as it looks on the website.
My fiancé and I passed by it and it looks nice. Seems as though people might’ve moved in already too.

Old 04-20-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
My fiancé and I passed by it and it looks nice. Seems as though people might’ve moved in already too.
That’s astounding news. That means after the shutdown it won’t be long for interviews and people will get some closer to this long process.

Old 04-21-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
That’s astounding news. That means after the shutdown it won’t be long for interviews and people will get some closer to this long process.
I’m hoping for my family to be able to move soon because our son is due in July. Yesterday (04/20) we returned some more documents we needed to fill out that was sent to us by the resident selection coordinator so now we’re just wondering what’s going to be next step since that was the second round of documents we’ve submitted. Before it was the applicant service coordinator emailing us but now it’s the resident selection coordinator. So we’re really hoping the next step would be an interview. So far they’ve been getting back to us fast.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I’m hoping for my family to be able to move soon because our son is due in July. Yesterday (04/20) we returned some more documents we needed to fill out that was sent to us by the resident selection coordinator so now we’re just wondering what’s going to be next step since that was the second round of documents we’ve submitted. Before it was the applicant service coordinator emailing us but now it’s the resident selection coordinator. So we’re really hoping the next step would be an interview. So far they’ve been getting back to us fast.
Omg I’m really happy for you. It seems now you’re in the final stages. So does this mean that after the resident coordinator contacts you that the next step is to see the apartment? I really hope so because your baby deserves this. Of course you guys do too but having a baby in during a busy time can be stressful. He or she deserves to come home in a nice clean loving environment and God is working his way to provide that for you. The only thing I can say for myself is that I did get in contact with the applicant coordinator and now it’s just a waiting game. I was scheduled for an interview and submitted my documents, so now hopefully I can get onto the next stage just like you.

Old 04-23-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Omg I’m really happy for you. It seems now you’re in the final stages. So does this mean that after the resident coordinator contacts you that the next step is to see the apartment? I really hope so because your baby deserves this. Of course you guys do too but having a baby in during a busy time can be stressful. He or she deserves to come home in a nice clean loving environment and God is working his way to provide that for you. The only thing I can say for myself is that I did get in contact with the applicant coordinator and now it’s just a waiting game. I was scheduled for an interview and submitted my documents, so now hopefully I can get onto the next stage just like you.
Thank you so much!! And omg that’s great you gonna get an interview fingers crossed it works out for you! Today we were contacted again by the selecting coordinator he said he’s putting our documents in a file to send to HDC and he’s pushing for us to hopefully get an approval within 5 business days he said. But what’s weird is that we never did an interview. So I’m confuse about that part as to why we never got an interview. I thought sending the documents to HDC is like the last step & with us never getting an interview I’m kind of nervous.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:04 PM

52 posts, read 59,478 times
Handling in paperwork is the "interview"

Old 04-23-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desijane View Post
Handling in paperwork is the "interview"
Oh really? Wow and this whole time I thought that the interview is them actually sitting down and talking to us. Part of the paper work they sent us for the questionnaire section had us list our household members and we had to say yes or no if we’re present for the interviews. And some of the other threads I read it seems as though some ppl actually met with someone and got questioned.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:22 PM

318 posts, read 281,432 times
Quote:
Oh really? Wow and this whole time I thought that the interview is them actually sitting down and talking to us. Part of the paper work they sent us for the questionnaire section had us list our household members and we had to say yes or no if we’re present for the interviews. And some of the other threads I read it seems as though some ppl actually met with someone and got questioned.
Did any of your paperwork you recently sign had apartment number on it??? If not then you file can’t be sent to HDC. When you file is being sent to HDC apartment number is attached to your name. HPC is just verity that the management company follow all steps and guild lines from hpd. When you sign that form with the apartment number on it you should be fine. But I saw on another post a person had a different experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: