Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 06:59 AM

31 posts, read 35,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana_0803 View Post
Hey my log # is in the 3XXX. No Preference
Did you get the email or letter in the mail yet from them to submit documents? your log number is lower than mine. Those building are still pretty empty. I think I only saw a curtain in about 3 windows out of all of those apartments. Not a lot of people have moved in yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2020, 10:35 AM

17 posts, read 19,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soysweet99 View Post
Did you get the email or letter in the mail yet from them to submit documents? your log number is lower than mine. Those building are still pretty empty. I think I only saw a curtain in about 3 windows out of all of those apartments. Not a lot of people have moved in yet.
hey so yes i received an email and submitted my documents. &&& yess I literally live 3 blocks and every time i pass by its only 3 apartments lit up so im like okayyy there is hope for me

Old 11-29-2020, 12:35 PM

31 posts, read 35,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana_0803 View Post
hey so yes i received an email and submitted my documents. &&& yess I literally live 3 blocks and every time i pass by its only 3 apartments lit up so im like okayyy there is hope for me
Great! yes I'm glad you sent in your documents already. Yes it's only like 3 apartments with lights on lol!! we have hope for real!. Did you get called for an interview yet? did you submit your documents via e-mail? when i went on my interview i signed like 8 papers from a large stack that was in my file (she had a folder with my name on it). I also brought the additional documents at the interview like my birth certificate, copy of my drivers license etc. and i signed the credit check authorization. I brought in proof of over 1 year of on time rent payments but she still said they had to do a credit and background check. That was on october 23rd then i saw they did the credit check already on november 2nd because i got an alert. My interviewer said that i didn't have to pay for the credit check but when they call me to sign the lease bring a money order for $20 for it that day. They showed me an apartment on the second floor and i was the only one there that day interviewing. Last week when i called for a status update they said they are waiting for the city to approve me because it's been submitted to the city. if the city tells them they need something else they will call me.

Old 11-29-2020, 01:54 PM

17 posts, read 19,099 times
Quote:
Great! yes I'm glad you sent in your documents already. Yes it's only like 3 apartments with lights on lol!! we have hope for real!. Did you get called for an interview yet? did you submit your documents via e-mail? when i went on my interview i signed like 8 papers from a large stack that was in my file (she had a folder with my name on it). I also brought the additional documents at the interview like my birth certificate, copy of my drivers license etc. and i signed the credit check authorization. I brought in proof of over 1 year of on time rent payments but she still said they had to do a credit and background check. That was on october 23rd then i saw they did the credit check already on november 2nd because i got an alert. My interviewer said that i didn't have to pay for the credit check but when they call me to sign the lease bring a money order for $20 for it that day. They showed me an apartment on the second floor and i was the only one there that day interviewing. Last week when i called for a status update they said they are waiting for the city to approve me because it's been submitted to the city. if the city tells them they need something else they will call me.
I sent in the main documents that was requested. However , the same day i got the email I gathered the rest of the documents tomorrow im going to call for an update and then im going to run in there with all my documents . But as for u , u are already in the door .

Old 12-02-2020, 07:34 PM

3 posts, read 3,447 times
Hey everyone! My log number is 3,xxx (CB preference) and I was told to send documentation maybe two weeks ago. I sent everything through email, and was told a couple of days ago that my info was received and that they will send an update soon. Now, I'm just waiting to hear back. Hope everything works out for everyone!

P.S. the building looks great! I've been looking for pics of the inside (couldn't find any), but they just posted its "sister" building (881 Erskine) on NYC Housing Connect (with photos of the inside) - and it looks GOODT. I would think this building apts would look similar, but I'm not too sure.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:21 PM

8 posts, read 4,916 times
I just submitted my documents yesterday, and got a email today saying i've been waitlisted due to large amounts of applications... sounds, seems off and suspicious, anything I can do about this?

Old 12-04-2020, 11:06 PM

3 posts, read 3,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno123 View Post
I just submitted my documents yesterday, and got a email today saying i've been waitlisted due to large amounts of applications... sounds, seems off and suspicious, anything I can do about this?
Oh wow. I received an email the other day asking for me to send some of the same documentation to a different email address after I already received confirmation that everything was received. I was having some suspicions after that happened to me too. I would try calling them if you can reach them, though I've tried and can't get anyone, unfortunately.

Old 12-07-2020, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,176 times
Did anyone hear back from them after submitting documents via email? If so how long?

Old 12-07-2020, 11:46 AM

27 posts, read 34,483 times
Quote:
Did they mention, or do you know how long it takes to hear back from the city?

Old 12-07-2020, 09:43 PM

22 posts, read 20,281 times
Hi everyone
I am log #1XX no CB preference .I submitted documents way back in August, then resubmitted again in October. Im at the point of waiting for city approval. I am curious to know how long this process could possibly take. They already ran my credit since august . also yes I have pics of the 1bedroom , and they are so nice. if you have seen 881 Erksine , it is the exact same layout . They offer two styles for one bedrooms. one with ac lose kitchen and another with an open kitchen .
by the looks of it many of us are neighbors lol HI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery