Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 05:57 AM

17 posts, read 19,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshShaLee View Post
Hi everyone
I am log #1XX no CB preference .I submitted documents way back in August, then resubmitted again in October. Im at the point of waiting for city approval. I am curious to know how long this process could possibly take. They already ran my credit since august . also yes I have pics of the 1bedroom , and they are so nice. if you have seen 881 Erksine , it is the exact same layout . They offer two styles for one bedrooms. one with ac lose kitchen and another with an open kitchen .
by the looks of it many of us are neighbors lol HI
Girl same here however due to covid i have hrd some success stories however i guess it all depends on the mgmt . I really dont wnt to hound anyone down but this waiting process builds much anxiety
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2020, 07:02 AM

31 posts, read 35,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_resident96 View Post
Did they mention, or do you know how long it takes to hear back from the city?
I just got an email yesterday saying that i was waitlisted. Remember my interview was on OCtober 23rd, 2020, credit check was on 11/02/2020 and I was told my documents were sent to the city for approval before thanksgiving so I don't know what's going on.

Old 12-08-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno123 View Post
I just submitted my documents yesterday, and got a email today saying i've been waitlisted due to large amounts of applications... sounds, seems off and suspicious, anything I can do about this?
I got the same email yesterday and I already interviewed in person on 10/23/20 after i submitted documents when they called me to come in, They showed me an apartment I did my credit check on 11/2/20 and before thanksgiving they said my file was submitted to the city for approval. It's weird that i got this email and i already went down there and signed a whole bunch of documents. I must say that there were 6 people in there working and when you call they don't remember you or follow up

Old 12-08-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshShaLee View Post
Hi everyone
I am log #1XX no CB preference .I submitted documents way back in August, then resubmitted again in October. Im at the point of waiting for city approval. I am curious to know how long this process could possibly take. They already ran my credit since august . also yes I have pics of the 1bedroom , and they are so nice. if you have seen 881 Erksine , it is the exact same layout . They offer two styles for one bedrooms. one with ac lose kitchen and another with an open kitchen .
by the looks of it many of us are neighbors lol HI
i submitted documents in October and called in to interview on october 23rd, 2020 and they ran my credit on 11/2/2020. i was told my file was sent to the city for approval before thanksgiving. now yesterday i received an email saying that i was waitlisted, i don't understand, I also have mobility disability preference and was showed and apartment both for mobility disability and regular. signed some of the lease paperwork and everything.

Old 12-08-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbi1 View Post
Did anyone hear back from them after submitting documents via email? If so how long?
i submitted documents 10/19 was called 2 days later to interview. interviewed 10/23/2020 and showed the apartment and signed some documents from the lease, credit check was done on 11/2/2020. Was told the week of thanksgiving that my documents were submitted to the city for approval. yesterday got an email that i was waitlisted and today I've been calling to see why. I have mobility disability preference also.

Old 12-08-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_resident96 View Post
Did they mention, or do you know how long it takes to hear back from the city?
i just got an email yesterday that i've been waitlisted after i was last told that my documents were sent to the city for approval. i interviewed in person and saw the apartment and signed lease paperwork in my packet. i've been calling today to see what's going on

Old 12-08-2020, 07:28 AM

17 posts, read 19,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soysweet99 View Post
I got the same email yesterday and I already interviewed in person on 10/23/20 after i submitted documents when they called me to come in, They showed me an apartment I did my credit check on 11/2/20 and before thanksgiving they said my file was submitted to the city for approval. It's weird that i got this email and i already went down there and signed a whole bunch of documents. I must say that there were 6 people in there working and when you call they don't remember you or follow up

So quick question when you are called in to sign the documents is that not the interview ? this may sound dumb just curious

Old 12-08-2020, 08:02 PM

12 posts, read 11,714 times
I have a low log number of XX...I signed documents in August But never saw an apartment yet & my agent said my file was sent to HPD in October. I called to follow up and they said they’re still waiting for an update. IDK if I should be worried or not

Old 12-08-2020, 08:12 PM

22 posts, read 20,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soysweet99 View Post
i submitted documents in October and called in to interview on october 23rd, 2020 and they ran my credit on 11/2/2020. i was told my file was sent to the city for approval before thanksgiving. now yesterday i received an email saying that i was waitlisted, i don't understand, I also have mobility disability preference and was showed and apartment both for mobility disability and regular. signed some of the lease paperwork and everything.
Hey , if you dont mind sharing . what was your log number? maybe you qualify but there was someone ahead of you with a lower log number

Old 12-08-2020, 08:14 PM

22 posts, read 20,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana_0803 View Post
Girl same here however due to covid i have hrd some success stories however i guess it all depends on the mgmt . I really dont wnt to hound anyone down but this waiting process builds much anxiety
GIRL im anxious . Only because the first time I did my "interview' I submitted everything . then come to find out in October he agent that had my case no longer worked there so I was back at square 1 in October .
I def would Hound them so that they remember your name . plus they receive so many apps, its good to refresh their memory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery