Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 08:39 PM

22 posts, read 20,282 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't be worried . They have over 199 apartments.you are for sure a shoe in. The city is backed up due to covid. I would just do periodically check ins with your agent to just get an update. So your names stays on their mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2020, 06:07 AM

31 posts, read 35,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana_0803 View Post
So quick question when you are called in to sign the documents is that not the interview ? this may sound dumb just curious
yes that is the interview

Old 12-09-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misslady20 View Post
I have a low log number of XX...I signed documents in August But never saw an apartment yet & my agent said my file was sent to HPD in October. I called to follow up and they said they’re still waiting for an update. IDK if I should be worried or not
they told me the same thing and no one really has moved in over there yet so i don't know why i was waitlisted. were you speaking to someone on the phone or person,

Old 12-09-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshShaLee View Post
Hey , if you dont mind sharing . what was your log number? maybe you qualify but there was someone ahead of you with a lower log number
my log number was 94** and had mobility disability preference. I don't know anyone who got approved for this building at all. I just don't understand why pull my credit now to waitlist me. i was told my paperwork went to the city. it almost seems like they are not aware that i interviewed, the person that sent the email replied back and said that they have to go through the log numbers before me. I still did not understand that reply so I replied back and said I already interviewed, saw an apartment and had a credit check so I don't understand why do that if you are not getting the apartment now. I also was told I would bee called to sign the lease soon, Something is fishy and I'm writing a letter,

Old 12-09-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't be worried . They have over 199 apartments.you are for sure a shoe in. The city is backed up due to covid. I would just do periodically check ins with your agent to just get an update. So your names stays on their mind.
I've been doing periodic check ups weekly since my interview on October 23rd. I even was called in for an interview again by mistake and i told the girl that she interviewed me already and we just spoke yesterday. they are all over the place I tell you. My file was pretty neat with my name and log number on it and all my paperwork when i went there but they are overworked, I think people are being passed up by mistake> I don't even know who my case worker is because I interviewed with one person then they transfer me all over the place and I speak to different people when I call. the email address that sends the waitlist letters come from fountainseaview10@gmail.com the old one to send the info to was fountainseaview9@gmail.com.

Old 12-09-2020, 09:06 AM

22 posts, read 20,282 times
Since I was called in August , ive dealt with two agents . One no longer works there so I was transferred to another one. they are super overworked and disorganized if you ask me. . I hope your process gets better. I think today I will call and do a check up . I just dont want to get overlooked.

Old 12-09-2020, 09:12 AM

12 posts, read 11,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soysweet99 View Post
they told me the same thing and no one really has moved in over there yet so i don't know why i was waitlisted. were you speaking to someone on the phone or person,
I spoke to someone in person for the interview then on the phone to follow up

Old 12-10-2020, 06:05 PM

3 posts, read 3,449 times
So after I was told to send more documentation today (which I did) - I received an email saying that I was denied for not "scheduling an eligibility appointment". I called them several times (left messages and everything), but never received an answer or callback. However, someone called me from there, and said their agent would be contacting me shortly (that day), but again, I never received a call (or message) - and they didn't pick up when contacted back.

It's so frustrating because I've been gathering paperwork for three individuals, traveling to back and forth to my mother's house (picking up and scanning her documents) - trying to meet their deadlines, only for them to do this. Not sure what to do in this situation, (the whole thing seems fishier than The Weeknd not receiving any Grammy nominations lol), but I'll try to appeal.

Old 12-11-2020, 12:06 AM

17 posts, read 19,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomOfNY View Post
So after I was told to send more documentation today (which I did) - I received an email saying that I was denied for not "scheduling an eligibility appointment". I called them several times (left messages and everything), but never received an answer or callback. However, someone called me from there, and said their agent would be contacting me shortly (that day), but again, I never received a call (or message) - and they didn't pick up when contacted back.

It's so frustrating because I've been gathering paperwork for three individuals, traveling to back and forth to my mother's house (picking up and scanning her documents) - trying to meet their deadlines, only for them to do this. Not sure what to do in this situation, (the whole thing seems fishier than The Weeknd not receiving any Grammy nominations lol), but I'll try to appeal.
Yes appeal. Their systems was down yesterday and today however i would try calling them again tomorrow and then monday . Keep on top of it i also read that people were wait listed and apt are not filled . Im bot sure if the computer generated those emails and are not accurate however keep faith and hope stay on top of them .

Old 12-13-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Since I was called in August , ive dealt with two agents . One no longer works there so I was transferred to another one. they are super overworked and disorganized if you ask me. . I hope your process gets better. I think today I will call and do a check up . I just dont want to get overlooked.
They are very overworked and very disorganized. I saw it with my own two eyes. There is one black guy who sits in the back near the window on the right that is really nice and I had wished he was my worker. I feel kind of like I was overlooked to and mistakingly sent the waitlist letter. I wrote hpd compliance about it though. My credit check was done and I was told I was waiting for hpd approval so it was weird to be waitlisted,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery