Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2021, 01:54 PM

233 posts, read 289,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimeneze22 View Post
No w/d hook up in the apartment but the laundry room is huge. The floorplan is like the one on the website. I asked to see a different one and they did show me one with the livingroom in the middle and the two rooms apartment. I declined because I do not like the kitchen entrance. My apartment now is somewhat bigger with a small hallway entrance.
Thanks, Jim!
Just to clarify:
So they do have additional 2 bedroom floor plans we can choose from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2021, 11:48 PM

Hey!
Following up to see if anyone has a contact for TFC? I hoping to find out if there are any studios, one bedroom, or 2 bedroom apartments left in 50% AMI prior to submitting documents however the contact number listed for them on my housing connect page is (201)-90-1-80?? Like, what the heck? What happened to the rest of the number?

Please help! Thanks!

Old 12-07-2021, 08:37 AM

394 posts, read 569,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posthomealone View Post
Hey!
Following up to see if anyone has a contact for TFC? I hoping to find out if there are any studios, one bedroom, or 2 bedroom apartments left in 50% AMI prior to submitting documents however the contact number listed for them on my housing connect page is (201)-90-1-80?? Like, what the heck? What happened to the rest of the number?

Please help! Thanks!

The only contact number I found was listed on the website it’s 212 353 5850. This might be for regular market apartments but hopefully they might be nice enough to provide a contact in regards to the lottery apartments (hopefully). I find that frustrating that they can still ask for documents when they know that there is no units left. Like what’s the point. If I may ask what range is your log and are you cb ? I’m also patiently waiting to hear anything log #2xx here with no cb.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentingNYC View Post
The only contact number I found was listed on the website it’s 212 353 5850. This might be for regular market apartments but hopefully they might be nice enough to provide a contact in regards to the lottery apartments (hopefully). I find that frustrating that they can still ask for documents when they know that there is no units left. Like what’s the point. If I may ask what range is your log and are you cb ? I’m also patiently waiting to hear anything log #2xx here with no cb.
Thank you so much! Gave them a ring but they said unfortunately that they don’t have a contact number for lotto apartments/ a marketing agent.

My log is single digit “x” but I have no preferences

Good luck everyone!!

Old 12-07-2021, 04:32 PM

394 posts, read 569,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posthomealone View Post
Thank you so much! Gave them a ring but they said unfortunately that they don’t have a contact number for lotto apartments/ a marketing agent.

My log is single digit “x” but I have no preferences

Good luck everyone!!
Glad I can help.
Good luck as well. I say still submit documents and take a chance. Lol. Please keep up informed with any updates. This forum is the only place I get real time updates lol.

Old 12-07-2021, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentingNYC View Post
Glad I can help.
Good luck as well. I say still submit documents and take a chance. Lol. Please keep up informed with any updates. This forum is the only place I get real time updates lol.
I’ll definitely keep you updated! Am gonna submit docs tonight

Old 12-08-2021, 09:40 PM

15 posts, read 18,060 times
For those of you who've seen or moved into the building... would you say that all the 2 bedrooms are small? IT's strange because on the housing lottery site the photo looks like a pic from the big 2 bedroom on streeteasy but the floorplan on the housing connect site doesn't match?

Also, are all the lottery units on low floors?

Old 12-12-2021, 09:33 AM

9 posts, read 9,618 times
It doesn’t hurt to ask for a different floor plan. They will also show what’s left. You will not be sble to contact someone directly for details. Once call and you submit paperwork, if approved you will see the apartment that best fits depending on household size, income and apartment availability. Best bet is to submit the documents and see the apartment. I submitted was approved and declined because it wasn’t what I wanted.

Old 12-12-2021, 11:00 AM

26 posts, read 29,923 times
For those folks who have moved in successfully, did you guys pay security deposit at signing?

I see no deposits required on housing connect and am wondering if that means no security deposit or no application deosit.

Thanks!

Old 12-14-2021, 02:00 AM

9 posts, read 9,618 times
There is a security deposit and one month
‘S rent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery