Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2021, 10:41 AM

5 posts, read 7,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentingNYC View Post
They are moving so slow it’s draining lol. I’m not to far behind you with a log of 2xx. Are you general population or do you have cb preference?
General population, oh my log number is 254 actually, but I am 50% AMI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 11:08 AM

19 posts, read 29,308 times
Does anyone know if they let you know if you are eligible or not? Last time they asked me for documents was over 2/3 weeks ago and all they asked was for a signature on one thing "Asset Certification" form. Would they even let us know if we are eligible or would we have to find out for ourselves? I reached out via email to the person that was working on my eligibility but I have not heard anything back.

log: 17,XXX is that matters.

Old 08-05-2021, 01:56 PM

394 posts, read 571,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelangelagenl View Post
Does anyone know if they let you know if you are eligible or not? Last time they asked me for documents was over 2/3 weeks ago and all they asked was for a signature on one thing "Asset Certification" form. Would they even let us know if we are eligible or would we have to find out for ourselves? I reached out via email to the person that was working on my eligibility but I have not heard anything back.

log: 17,XXX is that matters.
If I may ask what is your AMI bracket and do you have cb preferences??

Old 08-05-2021, 09:27 PM

19 posts, read 29,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RentingNYC View Post
If I may ask what is your AMI bracket and do you have cb preferences??
Hey,

I dont really know, but I am probably on the lower AMI bracket as I am not making a lot of money at the moment. My original application was for a studio. I am not sure if I have any preferences but I do live in Queens, just not close to this building.

My agent did not really tell me anything but I did submit a lot of documents and notarized letters. I felt like I was towards the end of the process when I was asked to sign the asset certification and a document that was not filled out and I just had to sign. It looked like a form that determines the rent total? not sure tho. Thats the last I heard back. I emailed 6 days ago to follow up and did not get a reply. I dont even know if I am eligible or anything.

Old 08-05-2021, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelangelagenl View Post
Hey,

I dont really know, but I am probably on the lower AMI bracket as I am not making a lot of money at the moment. My original application was for a studio. I am not sure if I have any preferences but I do live in Queens, just not close to this building.

My agent did not really tell me anything but I did submit a lot of documents and notarized letters. I felt like I was towards the end of the process when I was asked to sign the asset certification and a document that was not filled out and I just had to sign. It looked like a form that determines the rent total? not sure tho. Thats the last I heard back. I emailed 6 days ago to follow up and did not get a reply. I dont even know if I am eligible or anything.
Wow that is disappointing to hear how the agents for this lottery are handling the process. Thank you for your update. I myself have not heard a thing and my log number is 2xx. Good luck to you. At least you have been reached out to submit documents. That’s a step in the right direction.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:32 AM

9 posts, read 9,623 times
I’ve been asked to submit paperwork via website which I did last week. Nothing yet. From my experience it may take weeks even months. I did go and visited the building yesterday as a normal your and 2 bedroom apts are beautiful. Market Price apartments are almost at 100% capacity. Usually they wait for this to happen before bringing in the lottery residents.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimeneze22 View Post
I’ve been asked to submit paperwork via website which I did last week. Nothing yet. From my experience it may take weeks even months. I did go and visited the building yesterday as a normal your and 2 bedroom apts are beautiful. Market Price apartments are almost at 100% capacity. Usually they wait for this to happen before bringing in the lottery residents.
My I ask what your log number is and are you general population or do you have preference?

Old 08-10-2021, 12:50 PM

9 posts, read 9,623 times
My log is 25xxx and I am CB

Old 08-10-2021, 12:58 PM

580 posts, read 729,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimeneze22 View Post
My log is 25xxx and I am CB
So your log number is basically 1 lol

Old 08-10-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Nomad View Post
So your log number is basically 1 lol
Lol basically with the way they are moving. So do they first go thru log numbers that have preferences first then the log numbers that are general population?? I need some clarification please. My log is 2xx no cb preferences and I haven’t heard a thing.

Last edited by RentingNYC; 08-10-2021 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: Error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery