Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 04:52 PM

580 posts, read 728,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentingNYC View Post
Lol basically with the way they are moving. So do they first go thru log numbers that have preferences first then the log numbers that are general population?? I need some clarification please. My log is 2xx no cb preferences and I haven’t heard a thing.
Yeah that's how. So if there are CB candidates left, they go before you even if their log number is #1,000,000 and yours is #200.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 07:10 PM

394 posts, read 570,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Nomad View Post
Yeah that's how. So if there are CB candidates left, they go before you even if their log number is #1,000,000 and yours is #200.
Wow thanks for this but isn’t there a set number of cb units set aside and a set of general population units too. This selection process isn’t efficient at all in my eyes lol

Old 08-13-2021, 08:43 AM

37 posts, read 54,587 times
I got 15,xxx with Mobility CB I applied 9/15/20 and I haven’t heard anything. On the new portal it says pending then it shows in small letters underneath updated 5/20/21 which is weird they haven’t contacted me so what does the update is from. This portal is not helpful and they haven’t provided the knowledge of it smh

Old 08-13-2021, 09:15 AM

412 posts, read 594,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RentingNYC View Post
Wow thanks for this but isn’t there a set number of cb units set aside and a set of general population units too. This selection process isn’t efficient at all in my eyes lol
CB only has 50% preference, they move to general after the 50 is filled. So it's not that you don't have a chance at all. It could just be slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobilityCB View Post
I got 15,xxx with Mobility CB I applied 9/15/20 and I haven’t heard anything. On the new portal it says pending then it shows in small letters underneath updated 5/20/21 which is weird they haven’t contacted me so what does the update is from. This portal is not helpful and they haven’t provided the knowledge of it smh
The initial contact for me was via housingconnect in an email to upload documents. It was just one of those autogenerated email messages to check housingconnect. Check your spam folder. It's also possible that they're out of mobility units. There should be a contact email listed on the lottery, try to reach out. However, from other people's comments on this thread they're not very responsive.

Old 08-13-2021, 04:50 PM

37 posts, read 54,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
CB only has 50% preference, they move to general after the 50 is filled. So it's not that you don't have a chance at all. It could just be slow.

The initial contact for me was via housingconnect in an email to upload documents. It was just one of those autogenerated email messages to check housingconnect. Check your spam folder. It's also possible that they're out of mobility units. There should be a contact email listed on the lottery, try to reach out. However, from other people's comments on this thread they're not very responsive.

I appreciate that I note or there are other organizations that promote the application besides housing Connect and their deadline haven’t expire so I wonder if that means that lack of notice or anything I just checked my spam for a whole hour damn so many spams but nothing

Old 08-14-2021, 07:07 AM

394 posts, read 570,220 times

Yes you are right. The process is tooooo slow lol

Last edited by RentingNYC; 08-14-2021 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: Error

Old 08-16-2021, 10:49 AM

218 posts, read 473,297 times
35,XXX CB preference and have not been contacted, just for reference.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:00 PM

19 posts, read 29,296 times
They emailed me at the end of May. and I think I am General Population because I do not live near the building but I do live in queens.

Does anyone have an email we can reach the building management to find out what happened to our application? I have not heard back since 3 weeks and I gave in like a bunch of documents over the course of 2.5 months. Last time I gave something is was 3 weeks ago and I have not heard back or been asked additional documents. I am completed in the dark about this whole thing.

Tired of waiting and just want some closure.

Old 08-16-2021, 11:34 PM

347 posts, read 455,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries0409 View Post
Hello everyone I wanted to write that I got approved for a unit, they assigned one to me and I just had to approve if I wanted it, which I did. I didn’t get an option to view another one. The next step was to schedule a lease signing date where I had to bring two checks (rent and security) and pick a move in date. You get the keys the day before you move in at the front desk. From the day I applied to the day I got approved everything took 6 months ( about 4 months for them to reach out for documents, and the last 2 months were all the back and forth with documents and approval) I was CB preferred, not sure when they’ll get to GP. I found this YouTube channel that has so much information about the process and it has help me so much especially with the frustrating part of waiting with no answers, this channel has given me so much peace while I waited to hear back! Check her out and good luck to everyone! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCazHKI629Ph5SY2cJALMzyw
Congratulations

Old 08-17-2021, 01:08 PM

7 posts, read 8,960 times
Hi all, posting this for reference: I got the news this week that I have been approved. 130% AMI for studio. Log # between 21k-23k and I have CB preference. I received the automated message to submit documents in early June. Heard nothing for 2 months until an agent emailed me to submit additional docs about 2 weeks ago. Process went much more quickly once an actual person had reached out. I am very excited to get my own place after years with roommates. Best of luck to everyone else!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery