Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2021, 07:52 AM

173 posts, read 147,552 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what to do if you don't rent / have a lease for where you currently stay? Do you just not provide some of the things they ask for, such as cancelled rent checks, utility bills, telephone bills, etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2021, 08:30 AM

394 posts, read 572,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpable View Post
Anyone know what to do if you don't rent / have a lease for where you currently stay? Do you just not provide some of the things they ask for, such as cancelled rent checks, utility bills, telephone bills, etc.?
To my understanding you would have to provide a notarized letter from whoever you are staying with that you don’t pay rent. Im in a similar situation as I still live with my parents. Does anyone Else have more info to add for us. I do believe a bill that has your name and current address would also suffice too.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:41 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,846,657 times
This is what they asked related to your case:

If you do not rent your own apartment and you are living with someone else, bring a notarized letter from your housemate along with a copy of their lease and copies of their utility bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpable View Post

Old 07-17-2021, 09:26 AM

7 posts, read 8,991 times
Hey everyone -- Glad I finally just stumbled across this forum. I'm in the 130% AMI group for a studio and I have CB preference. I live in one of the other TFC buildings down the street (with two roommates in a flexed 3-bed apartment, which is why I would love one of these studios even if they're built cheap).

Was contacted to submit docs on June 8 and submitted all of the initial documentation same day. Haven't heard anything since (about 5 weeks). My application status on housing connect says "Under Review" and last updated June 8. I never saw anything about submitting a questionnaire that some on here have referenced.

I just noticed my log # for the first time last week, and it's in the 20,xxx range. That's pretty bad, right? Anyone else with experience submitting docs and then waiting a long time? I sent a follow up email checking in 2 weeks ago, didn't hear back. Wondering if I should try bothering them again. Any help or info ya'll have much appreciated!

Old 07-17-2021, 11:23 AM

32 posts, read 41,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefgnewyork View Post
What happens when your income goes down and you fall under a different AMI when they call you? Do they still consider you or you are no longer eligible?
I have had my AMI change. If they have an apartment available in your current category they will process you. If they don’t they usually will waitlist you.

Old 07-17-2021, 01:41 PM

412 posts, read 596,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpitcher2 View Post
Hey everyone -- Glad I finally just stumbled across this forum. I'm in the 130% AMI group for a studio and I have CB preference. I live in one of the other TFC buildings down the street (with two roommates in a flexed 3-bed apartment, which is why I would love one of these studios even if they're built cheap).

Was contacted to submit docs on June 8 and submitted all of the initial documentation same day. Haven't heard anything since (about 5 weeks). My application status on housing connect says "Under Review" and last updated June 8. I never saw anything about submitting a questionnaire that some on here have referenced.

I just noticed my log # for the first time last week, and it's in the 20,xxx range. That's pretty bad, right? Anyone else with experience submitting docs and then waiting a long time? I sent a follow up email checking in 2 weeks ago, didn't hear back. Wondering if I should try bothering them again. Any help or info ya'll have much appreciated!
I would contact them again. There was a previous poster in the same situation as you. I feel like most likely the reason why they haven't gotten to you is because they're out of 1 bedrooms (according to another poster) and it's likely that the 50% CB preference has been filled. None of us can say so the only way to find out is to contact them.

The log number is relative. CB is 50% but you have to consider how many people before your 20k log number are in the CB and how many people took apartments.

Old 07-17-2021, 11:14 PM

173 posts, read 147,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RentingNYC View Post
To my understanding you would have to provide a notarized letter from whoever you are staying with that you don’t pay rent. Im in a similar situation as I still live with my parents. Does anyone Else have more info to add for us. I do believe a bill that has your name and current address would also suffice too.
Right, I'm in a similar situation. It just seems they didn't really think about this specific case of people who live with family and don't pay rent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
This is what they asked related to your case:

If you do not rent your own apartment and you are living with someone else, bring a notarized letter from your housemate along with a copy of their lease and copies of their utility bills.

I did see this, but this also didn't really fit my case since I'm with family and we don't have a lease (own the home).

Old 07-18-2021, 06:58 PM

Has anyone had success reaching out to the marketing agent for this building to see the progress of the selection

Old 07-18-2021, 07:47 PM

603 posts, read 602,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RentingNYC View Post
Yes, I had this issue. There was no lease since it was family. Just get a notarized letter stating that you live there and for how long. Signed by your family member/landlord. It was not an issue with the letter.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsoculorum View Post
I just heard back from TFC that I am still missing documentation, including the eligibility questionnaire. I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t write to them. I’ll fill it out and send it in because you never know. Hmmmm.
Hi. What was the contact email for TFC please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery