Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2021, 12:40 PM

52 posts, read 64,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelzucchi9 View Post
Not sure how this Stuytown lottery staff can jump to the mid 1000s asking for paperwork without completing people who have been contacted months ago. My number is in the low 300s and not a peep after submitting my paperwork. This is almost comical.
My number is in the 200s, I sent in my initial documentation at the end of June, and people in the 700s have been offered apartments. You should call or email and ask for an update -- let them know that *you* know that people with numbers in the 700s (or higher!) have gotten apartments while you're still waiting on an update.

I don't think anyone with a lower number than me (who is qualified/lives in NYC) is still waiting on an apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 02:42 PM

8 posts, read 11,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongnewyorker View Post
My number is in the 200s, I sent in my initial documentation at the end of June, and people in the 700s have been offered apartments. You should call or email and ask for an update -- let them know that *you* know that people with numbers in the 700s (or higher!) have gotten apartments while you're still waiting on an update.

I don't think anyone with a lower number than me (who is qualified/lives in NYC) is still waiting on an apartment.
I live in NYC and have a number under 100 and have not been offered an apartment yet. Very frustrating. Waiting for a 2-bedroom. I originally sent in documents in May and sent in updated financial documents in August. Heard nothing since, have tried emailing and calling them for an update but haven’t received any response.

Old 09-17-2021, 02:45 PM

173 posts, read 147,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongnewyorker View Post

I'm <200 and still waiting. At least they confirmed they have everything they need from me...

Old 09-17-2021, 03:25 PM

8 posts, read 9,600 times
Well I just recently received a job offer out of state so I should not care anymore but I am still amazed at how this lottery is conducted. How do certain people get prioritized with much higher numbers and others no responses. I am not buying that some reps are better than others or this is how lotteries work or that some peoples paperwork is easier than others.

Old 09-17-2021, 04:58 PM

173 posts, read 147,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelzucchi9 View Post
Well I just recently received a job offer out of state so I should not care anymore but I am still amazed at how this lottery is conducted. How do certain people get prioritized with much higher numbers and others no responses. I am not buying that some reps are better than others or this is how lotteries work or that some peoples paperwork is easier than others.
I agree, it's quite odd. I know my documents are certainly more complicated than the average person, mostly because I have a lot of accounts, but everything within the accounts is pretty standard. Nothing else to do but be patient.

Old 09-18-2021, 11:16 AM

151 posts, read 199,975 times
If anyone is still here who has gotten this far - do they contact you to let you know they're doing the credit check? I know it says you pay them the $20 before but I just want to be sure. I have credit freezes on my credit reports due to previous attempted identity theft and would like to wait to lift them.

Old 09-18-2021, 12:48 PM

269 posts, read 334,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyZ View Post
If anyone is still here who has gotten this far - do they contact you to let you know they're doing the credit check? I know it says you pay them the $20 before but I just want to be sure. I have credit freezes on my credit reports due to previous attempted identity theft and would like to wait to lift them.
I'm wondering the same thing. You can call the agency they use (not credit agency, but listed on the consent form). They may be able to tell you if action has been taken.

I got a "soft inquiry alert" recently and took it as a positive sign...but still waiting.

I've decided that they process many applications at a time and once your in a batch being processed, there's no way to predict when they will contact you. They probably group applications that require similar steps for efficiency.

It makes sense that they maximize efficiency on their end.

Old 09-18-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyand50 View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. You can call the agency they use (not credit agency, but listed on the consent form). They may be able to tell you if action has been taken.

I got a "soft inquiry alert" recently and took it as a positive sign...but still waiting.

I've decided that they process many applications at a time and once your in a batch being processed, there's no way to predict when they will contact you. They probably group applications that require similar steps for efficiency.

It makes sense that they maximize efficiency on their end.
It seems like you're pretty sure the "soft inquiry" was from Stuytown. Had you already paid for the credit check?

Old 09-18-2021, 08:42 PM

Retirement accounts don't count right? Then why do they ask for those statements?

Old 09-18-2021, 09:32 PM

272 posts, read 534,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyZ View Post
Retirement accounts don't count right? Then why do they ask for those statements?
I have the same question and what if you are drawing some of your income off a retirement account. Then how do they calculate your income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery