Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2021, 12:08 PM

31 posts, read 38,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagatedPothos View Post
Thanks for the update and I hope you’ll be happy at OBS! I am still hoping so much for One Boerum. I’d love to see your video.
I don’t know how to upload them. I can email them to you if you’d like? Or maybe you can tell me how.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2021, 12:39 PM

580 posts, read 728,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCee17 View Post
Hello all.

I was the 35x log #. I’ve decided One Blue Slip was a better fit for me. Although I like 1 Boerum, I just can’t seem to justify paying $3,121 for a lottery apt. No parking is also an issue for me because I do have a car. I currently live in a lottery apt in Queens and I’m losing more than I am gaining. If anyone wants the video I took after viewing the units a while ago, lmk.

Best of luck to you all!
OBS is a great choice. And since you have a car the lack of nearby transportation options won't be an issue for you. Congrats and enjoy!

Old 10-17-2021, 02:51 PM

31 posts, read 38,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Nomad View Post
OBS is a great choice. And since you have a car the lack of nearby transportation options won't be an issue for you. Congrats and enjoy!
Thank you! Although boerum is only 9 minutes from work, the 35 minute commute isn’t bad either lol. I still have access to the train which gets me there in a decent amount of time, if the 10 minute walk is too much, I’ll take my electric scooter.

Old 10-18-2021, 06:48 PM

29 posts, read 29,842 times
I got called. Log number 13XX. I was super excited about this until I saw the one bedroom videos. I’m gonna pass shockingly enough.

Old 10-18-2021, 07:13 PM

106 posts, read 92,245 times
Can you share the video

Old 10-18-2021, 07:24 PM

66 posts, read 79,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky1901 View Post
I got called. Log number 13XX. I was super excited about this until I saw the one bedroom videos. I’m gonna pass shockingly enough.
Hey! Did you get called to submit documents or called to view units?

Old 10-18-2021, 09:02 PM

29 posts, read 29,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinelle View Post
Hey! Did you get called to submit documents or called to view units?
Both. It’s being run through iafford and they are extra annoying with their over exuberance (trying to really convince you your the luckiest person on the planet earth) I’m not positive but pretty sure the market rate apartments are different from the affordable units. So so small as well like 488 square feet for a one bedroom. I’m starting to get annoyed at these lotteries especially for one bedroom people like myself. After waiting forever for a good lottery I ended up just signing a lease at an ultra luxury building in LIC which after concessions comes out to less than these silly lotteries. Without any of the hassle of crazy paperwork and waiting for city approval. Literally signing a lease the next day. I will just wait until my lease is up and hope the timing is right for something else that is worth it for once. Sighhh

I can’t be the only one feeling this way because I’m literally getting called for almost everything I applied to in the 130-165 range. Do better NYC! It’s outrageous at this point.

Old 10-18-2021, 11:28 PM

6,684 posts, read 6,027,847 times
Yes, I agree that the newer luxury apartments are very small. I was approved for one recently in a luxury building and couldn’t believe how small the one bedroom was. This is why I now wouldn’t mind a Stuyvesant town, a 1 River place type of lottery or any other that was built in the 1990s. I know the apartments are not brand new but I’d prefer an apartment with space for me to get a chihuahua or a cat or two.

Don’t get me wrong - I’ve been applying and looking at different apartments since 2015 and have found that large new apartments do exist but they are far and few in between. KB25 is an example of a new building (built in 2016) with good sized apartments. (I saw an alcove studio which was about 500 square feet) so I can only imagine how large the one bedrooms are.

Old 10-19-2021, 05:49 AM

66 posts, read 79,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky1901 View Post
Both. It’s being run through iafford and they are extra annoying with their over exuberance (trying to really convince you your the luckiest person on the planet earth) I’m not positive but pretty sure the market rate apartments are different from the affordable units. So so small as well like 488 square feet for a one bedroom. I’m starting to get annoyed at these lotteries especially for one bedroom people like myself. After waiting forever for a good lottery I ended up just signing a lease at an ultra luxury building in LIC which after concessions comes out to less than these silly lotteries. Without any of the hassle of crazy paperwork and waiting for city approval. Literally signing a lease the next day. I will just wait until my lease is up and hope the timing is right for something else that is worth it for once. Sighhh

I can’t be the only one feeling this way because I’m literally getting called for almost everything I applied to in the 130-165 range. Do better NYC! It’s outrageous at this point.
Hmm that’s weird. I have a lower log # than you (7xx) and have submitted my documents but haven’t been called in to view units yet. Is that normal? Have I been skipped? I do meet all income requirements.

Old 10-19-2021, 06:26 AM

26 posts, read 29,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinelle View Post
Hmm that’s weird. I have a lower log # than you (7xx) and have submitted my documents but haven’t been called in to view units yet. Is that normal? Have I been skipped? I do meet all income requirements.
My only guess would be that they sent out doc request in batches but at the end you should have priority before higher log numbers assuming you do not miss any deadlines as 1BP doesnt have any preferences. My 2 cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery