Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2021, 08:00 AM

31 posts, read 38,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinelle View Post
Hmm that’s weird. I have a lower log # than you (7xx) and have submitted my documents but haven’t been called in to view units yet. Is that normal? Have I been skipped? I do meet all income requirements.
She/he could have priority over you. I’ve been called for apartments with a high log number, viewed the apt, and sent in documents before people with lower log numbers than myself.

I have preference due to my career.

I would reach out to the project manager for this building and let them know you submitted your documents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2021, 08:32 AM

66 posts, read 79,361 times
Thanks for the insight Kaycee17! iAfford told me that there’s no way someone with a higher log number would be able to view a unit before me, which doesn’t seem to check out since Nicky1901 was invited to do that. Curious to hear if anyone else who submitted documents has been invited to view units and if so, when the viewing is scheduled for. I was told to expect to come in end of October.

@Nicky1901 - if you don’t mind me asking, which day was the open house that you were invited for?

Old 10-19-2021, 08:34 AM

603 posts, read 599,306 times
Quote:
Thanks for the insight Kaycee17! iAfford told me that there’s no way someone with a higher log number would be able to view a unit before me, which doesn’t seem to check out since Nicky1901 was invited to do that. Curious to hear if anyone else who submitted documents has been invited to view units and if so, when the viewing is scheduled for. I was told to expect to come in end of October.

@Nicky1901 - if you don’t mind me asking, which day was the open house that you were invited for?
I think they were asking people to submit log numbers through IG recently, maybe that got them in front for whatever reason. I could be wrong.

Old 10-19-2021, 08:34 AM

66 posts, read 79,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
I think they were asking people to submit log numbers through IG recently, maybe that got them in front for whatever reason. I could be wrong.
I’ve also done that though

Old 10-19-2021, 09:21 AM

29 posts, read 29,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Yes, I agree that the newer luxury apartments are very small. I was approved for one recently in a luxury building and couldn’t believe how small the one bedroom was. This is why I now wouldn’t mind a Stuyvesant town, a 1 River place type of lottery or any other that was built in the 1990s. I know the apartments are not brand new but I’d prefer an apartment with space for me to get a chihuahua or a cat or two.

Don’t get me wrong - I’ve been applying and looking at different apartments since 2015 and have found that large new apartments do exist but they are far and few in between. KB25 is an example of a new building (built in 2016) with good sized apartments. (I saw an alcove studio which was about 500 square feet) so I can only imagine how large the one bedrooms are.
I was literally dying for stuytown. I’m such a high log number though. I was really low for the 2018 lottery but I make a lot more money now. I still dream of stuytown. I grew up in that area and always felt like I would live in stuytown. Lol I also wanted 1 river place but got a insane log number.

Old 10-19-2021, 03:14 PM

31 posts, read 38,238 times
Quote:

Ah okay I see. Someone else mentioned they don’t have any preferences for this building. So I guess that’s not the case. I really don’t know, sorry to hear you haven’t viewed the building as of yet. Hopefully by reaching out this will speed up the process.

I didn’t view the units until when they came back in October from their religious holiday and I have a low log number for this lottery.

Best of luck!

Old 10-19-2021, 08:42 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,025,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky1901 View Post
I was literally dying for stuytown. I’m such a high log number though. I was really low for the 2018 lottery but I make a lot more money now. I still dream of stuytown. I grew up in that area and always felt like I would live in stuytown. Lol I also wanted 1 river place but got a insane log number.
The good thing about Stuyvesant is that they seem to have lotteries every three years. I was called twice but back then I thought their rents were too high in comparison with other lotteries. Imagine that - now I think many modern apartments are too small for what they’re charging lol

Old 10-27-2021, 06:46 AM

Log# 14xx Email for documents

Withdrew. Need 3 bedrooms. Love the amenities at this place tho.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:36 AM

580 posts, read 728,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
Log# 14xx Email for documents

Withdrew. Need 3 bedrooms. Love the amenities at this place tho.
Good choice, especially if you drive. That parking garage rule still bothers me lol.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:51 AM

Yeah, the parking rule is pretty annoying because I do drive and that would have been a problem. The market apartments look amazing tho!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery