Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 01:44 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,850,207 times

Advertisements

That's so cool! I heard Summit is very strict about that. Also, if they have a member-only event, amenity members can't invite any non-tenant guests & what I understand per-household can attend only one person, but the event will be 100% free of charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
yeah, they are pretty cool about that. You can invite tons of people, even though on the agreement - it's limited to 2 guests. It's definitely not enforced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 01:32 PM

72 posts, read 91,646 times
is this mean we selected in HPD lottery ?
ughhh look at papers been asked worst than uscis
For HPD site look like $2295 per 1b 3 ppl ?

should i go for it
my rent is already near by private owned house 1100 sqft house not apartment ?
this is email they sent ?
"We have reached your application to 5 Pointz LIC. Based on your application, you appear to be eligible. If you are interested in proceeding, please log into NYC Housing Connect, go to My Applications and provide supporting documentation to confirm that you qualify.
"

Old 08-06-2021, 02:02 PM

580 posts, read 731,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan2020 View Post
is this mean we selected in HPD lottery ?
ughhh look at papers been asked worst than uscis
For HPD site look like $2295 per 1b 3 ppl ?

should i go for it
my rent is already near by private owned house 1100 sqft house not apartment ?
this is email they sent ?
"We have reached your application to 5 Pointz LIC. Based on your application, you appear to be eligible. If you are interested in proceeding, please log into NYC Housing Connect, go to My Applications and provide supporting documentation to confirm that you qualify.
"
Yes it's very expensive and increases may happen every year. There's no way around that so don't bother making yourself feel better about the pricing.

I do think you should go for it if any part of it interests you, and then you'll be given a tour to see how it looks. You can then decide if you want it from there. Btw, what's your log number range if you don't mind?

Old 08-06-2021, 02:11 PM

72 posts, read 91,646 times
Default @befriend thanks

30094019772021033xxxx here is the number @befriend

Probably i will not go for it, waiting next week for wife to visit
i will email them ask for a tour. Teht not mention which type of 1B
rent increase is worst part for me
But other hand this chance i know probably will not come back to me again for years, and ps/is 78 look great school for kid for future also,
Damn Well they now confused me as hell,

Old 08-08-2021, 01:11 PM

412 posts, read 597,133 times
Just went to the Trader Joes across the street again.
A little sad I didn't apply for this lottery.
Excited for you guys to actually start moving in though! Good luck!

Old 08-08-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
Just went to the Trader Joes across the street again.
A little sad I didn't apply for this lottery.
Excited for you guys to actually start moving in though! Good luck!
What other buildings are you currently betting on?

Old 08-08-2021, 02:32 PM

586 posts, read 588,296 times
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmonjpi6b9...50527.mp4?dl=0
5 pointz studio apartment

Old 08-08-2021, 03:02 PM

412 posts, read 597,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Nomad View Post
What other buildings are you currently betting on?
Waiting on 1 Boerum and Center. Tbh the rest all seem mediocre. Some are fine but I don't think they're much better than what I can find market rate and I'd rather get market rate for some of these prices instead of submitting my entire life to be checked, waiting and all this hassle. With 1 Boerum I'm sure many applied and I wouldn't assume I'd get lucky enough to get a low log number.
I also applied to 2 Blue Slip but probably can't pay the rent haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Yep.. I made the right decision not applying. I wouldn't take that studio for the price.

Old 08-08-2021, 03:12 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,850,207 times
Whoa! The studio is tiny but it has a couple of closets which help a bit to organize stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post

Old 08-08-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Whoa! The studio is tiny but it has a couple of closets which help a bit to organize stuff.
Yep. This is what Goku and I was explaining weeks ago lmao. It’s small and way too expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery