Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 12:33 PM

580 posts, read 732,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
I complained all about it in the 5203 center thread but it's been so long and everyone kept asking for status updates you have to go way back for my posts.
Ultimately it wasn't the right time for me. The entire process left a bitter taste in my mouth. The process got dragged out for such a long time with no transparency yet when it was submitted to HPD I wasn't even notified. So in the end they gave me a 2 week move in date. I couldn't sort out my current living situation in 2 weeks let alone pack up and move. I could've made it work but I didn't want to put in the effort as the whole thing felt off. Also they cheaped out on the appliances in the studio. They're not the same as the ones installed in the 1 bed and above.I didn't get to view any units before HPD approval and they didn't give me an option to choose. I was assigned a unit and that was it.
Oh right I think I remember that thread. Yeah that's unfortunate. Nothing about this process is made to benefit the applicants. That's why everything is much smoother when you just do market rate. Such a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 02:42 PM

586 posts, read 590,266 times
The only thing I'm worried about is when hpd approve my paperwork for 5 pointz because I'm in my current apartment lease until December so I'm hoping they start moving in people in December I hope they dnt say I have to move in immediately...is it possible to stretch the move in date until december?

Old 08-21-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Nomad View Post
Oh right I think I remember that thread. Yeah that's unfortunate. Nothing about this process is made to benefit the applicants. That's why everything is much smoother when you just do market rate. Such a shame.
I just saw the apartments at 5 pointz again I only qualify for the studio and they are really small the studio I have now is better so the only reason I'll leave my studio apartment I have now is for 5 pointz building ammenties but I'm thinking over 1000 apartments using the amenties is it really worth leaving the apartment i have now ...my studio i have now has Bluetooth speakers in my walls ....temperature controlled heated flooring...washer dryer...central heat ac and air filter and it's bigger than 5 pointz studios

Old 08-21-2021, 03:27 PM

412 posts, read 598,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
I just saw the apartments at 5 pointz again I only qualify for the studio and they are really small the studio I have now is better so the only reason I'll leave my studio apartment I have now is for 5 pointz building ammenties but I'm thinking over 1000 apartments using the amenties is it really worth leaving the apartment i have now ...my studio i have now has Bluetooth speakers in my walls ....temperature controlled heated flooring...washer dryer...central heat ac and air filter and it's bigger than 5 pointz studios
Where are you at now if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to tell me specifics, I'm just curious. Is it lottery? I'm just about to give up on this and look for a market rate place. I wonder if it'll even be so much more expensive tbh because these studios aren't cheap and the space is so small.

Old 08-21-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Where are you at now if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to tell me specifics, I'm just curious. Is it lottery? I'm just about to give up on this and look for a market rate place. I wonder if it'll even be so much more expensive tbh because these studios aren't cheap and the space is so small.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/as08t18xju...40654.mp4?dl=0
This is the studio apartment I'm in now and no its not from the lottery

Old 08-21-2021, 04:08 PM

Quote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/as08t18xju...40654.mp4?dl=0
This is the studio apartment I'm in now and no its not from the lottery
I know you and I have the same thoughts on 5 Pointz and what it offers, but your studio looks much bigger than the ones at 5 Pointz lmfao. This is pretty nice.

Old 08-21-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah I feel it fam. Saw your video of your studio as well it's very nice. I guess this is something you will need to think hard about because I don't think they give much time to make a decision once they give you an offer.

Old 08-21-2021, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Nomad View Post
Yeah I feel it fam. Saw your video of your studio as well it's very nice. I guess this is something you will need to think hard about because I don't think they give much time to make a decision once they give you an offer.
Yea I know because the last time I saw 5 pointz ammenties nobody was using them but this time I saw people using them and it was less impressive the ammenities look small when you actually see people using them and it's so many apartments on every floor it seems crowded

Old 08-21-2021, 04:39 PM

412 posts, read 598,423 times
Dude... if you saw the 5P studio and it's smaller than your place now then def don't take it.
It's that heated floor for me lol.
Obviously it's your decision but if the rent are about the same I wouldn't move.

Old 08-21-2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Dude... if you saw the 5P studio and it's smaller than your place now then def don't take it.
It's that heated floor for me lol.
Obviously it's your decision but if the rent are about the same I wouldn't move.
Did you see the video of my studio I posted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery