Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2021, 05:13 PM

412 posts, read 598,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Did you see the video of my studio I posted?
Yep I did. I like it a lot. I like how the living space is separated from the kitchen area. It's funny cuz in the video you said it's kind of small, which is why I said if 5P is even smaller than they must be miniscule.

And to answer one of your earlier questions - they may give you some time to move in but if you're putting paperwork through soon then it would definitely be before december. I've seen people given a month or so as average to move in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2021, 05:43 PM

580 posts, read 732,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
Yep I did. I like it a lot. I like how the living space is separated from the kitchen area. It's funny cuz in the video you said it's kind of small, which is why I said if 5P is even smaller than they must be miniscule.

And to answer one of your earlier questions - they may give you some time to move in but if you're putting paperwork through soon then it would definitely be before december. I've seen people given a month or so as average to move in.
I saw the units too and yeah the studios are definitely on the small side.

Also, once everything is received and they send the offers you have like 5 business days to make a decision on a unit or you automatically forfeit and they move on.

Then the timeline to move in is 1 month after accepting, and if you don’t move in—once again you forfeit.

So goku23 if you end up really wanting 5 Pointz then you might have to consider finding a way to break your lease. You sound like you’re almost done with the process so they won’t be waiting around until December.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:58 PM

586 posts, read 590,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Nomad View Post
I saw the units too and yeah the studios are definitely on the small side.

Also, once everything is received and they send the offers you have like 5 business days to make a decision on a unit or you automatically forfeit and they move on.

Then the timeline to move in is 1 month after accepting, and if you don’t move in—once again you forfeit.

So goku23 if you end up really wanting 5 Pointz then you might have to consider finding a way to break your lease. You sound like you’re almost done with the process so they won’t be waiting around until December.
Yea and another thing is when you actually see people walking around in the building it's too much going on ...and I have to ask myself do I wanna see this much people everyday because I'm a private person I don't like being around that many people...its a nice building but 1000 apartments maybe overkill

Old 08-21-2021, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Yea and another thing is when you actually see people walking around in the building it's too much going on ...and I have to ask myself do I wanna see this much people everyday because I'm a private person I don't like being around that many people...its a nice building but 1000 apartments maybe overkill
Yeah I could imagine. I only saw the building back when there was like 3 residents total lmao. Ain’t seen what you’re seeing now. But I’m sure you’ll make the best decision for yourself. AnxietyBiscuits already said “nah” so it’s your moment in the spotlight now lol. I assume you’ve been speaking with Neil?

Old 08-21-2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Nomad View Post
Yeah I could imagine. I only saw the building back when there was like 3 residents total lmao. Ain’t seen what you’re seeing now. But I’m sure you’ll make the best decision for yourself. AnxietyBiscuits already said “nah” so it’s your moment in the spotlight now lol. I assume you’ve been speaking with Neil?
Yea Neil is the best he definetly keeps in contact with everything ...

Old 08-21-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Yea Neil is the best he definetly keeps in contact with everything ...
Yeah fam is very responsive I don’t know how he does it. He a good dude.

Old 08-21-2021, 06:35 PM

412 posts, read 598,423 times
I saw the building from outside and it's quite large. Is it only 1 set of elevators and one front door? Just curious how many people you're seeing. I live in a pretty large apartment building too but tbh don't see many neighbors other than by the elevators.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
I saw the building from outside and it's quite large. Is it only 1 set of elevators and one front door? Just curious how many people you're seeing. I live in a pretty large apartment building too but tbh don't see many neighbors other than by the elevators.
It's 2 buildings and I believe one big entrance the lobby is huge ...I just saw alot of people coming in and out the best explanation I can give you its like living in a hotel ...the scenery gives me hotel vibes...and idk if I want to live in a hotel because my personality is more private...but on the flip side idk when I'll get to have a chance to live in a building with ammenties like this even if they are less impressive when occupied...

Old 08-21-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
It's 2 buildings and I believe one big entrance the lobby is huge ...I just saw alot of people coming in and out the best explanation I can give you its like living in a hotel ...the scenery gives me hotel vibes...and idk if I want to live in a hotel because my personality is more private...but on the flip side idk when I'll get to have a chance to live in a building with ammenties like this even if they are less impressive when occupied...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6pbn29o46...54221.mp4?dl=0
This is the studio they showed me...this is the only studio I would think about taking the other ones are smaller than this and sum dnt have washers and dryers in it...

Old 08-21-2021, 09:03 PM

Quote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6pbn29o46...54221.mp4?dl=0
This is the studio they showed me...this is the only studio I would think about taking the other ones are smaller than this and sum dnt have washers and dryers in it...
Yeah this one nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery