Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2022, 07:13 PM

124 posts, read 112,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco.donut View Post
I'm not familiar with the lottery process but out of curiosity, did any one actually view a "market rate sized" unit for Plank for their lotto tour (studio, 1BR, or 2BR)? The floor plans I viewed aren't available online so I'm assuming they reserved the smallest units for Lottery tenants (I get they'd rather charge more for the larger units, etc), but I was curious if what I saw was the only option or if it was due to being near the end of the line.

I'm grateful I made it this far for a beautiful building/discounted rent especially with the crazy market right now, but I was a little disheartened by the bizarre layouts available. It was obvious there was thought put into the market rate layouts and the ones I viewed felt more like they threw together a unit with whatever space was leftover from those.
Just email them and request floor plans and virtual tours of each one you viewed. They were more than happy to email me the floor plans. I chose between the P and A lines. I chose the P layout; these apartments are tiny, in my opinion, but the building is lovely, and the 24 hr gym is a steal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 07:15 PM

124 posts, read 112,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnsuser View Post
Just made an account to respond to this. I visited two one-bedroom apartments this month, and was told one was around 460 sqft and the other was almost 500 sqft. I was also struck by the size, especially after looking at videos of the market rate one-bedrooms on YouTube.
Yeah, I must admit I was also a little disheartened by their size. However, the building and location are to die for. (As I keep telling myself)

Old 06-15-2022, 08:37 PM

4 posts, read 4,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPecan View Post
Just email them and request floor plans and virtual tours of each one you viewed. They were more than happy to email me the floor plans. I chose between the P and A lines. I chose the P layout; these apartments are tiny, in my opinion, but the building is lovely, and the 24 hr gym is a steal.
Right, my issue isn't accessing the floor plans to the units I viewed. My question was to anyone who was asked to come in and tour their potential lottery unit(s) (regardless of household size), if any of the larger floorpans were available as a potential lottery apartment or if Plank reserved their tiniest floorpans for their lottery quota.

I love the building and the amenities — I don't need to be sold on that. It's fabulous. Again, my question was mostly out of curiosity if the available floor plan was surprisingly tiny compared to the market-rate ones because (1) by the time I toured it was near the end of the process & the smaller units naturally happen to be the last available, or (2) Plank reserved only the smaller units for the lottery and kept the larger ones at market rate. No hate to them if they did, it'd makes sense to get more rent for the larger ones.

I hope that clarifies what I was asking

Old 06-28-2022, 09:24 AM

6 posts, read 6,085 times
Does anyone know if units are still available? My log number is 6XX and I've been in the pending stage for a while. Hoping for a studio and I desperately need to move now. Can someone drop the link for videos of the unit?

Old 06-28-2022, 11:06 AM

2 posts, read 1,898 times
I was told a few weeks ago that there were no longer any studios available.

Old 06-29-2022, 03:44 PM

6 posts, read 6,085 times
Argh Thanks!

Old 06-30-2022, 10:25 AM

23 posts, read 30,003 times
wow, i have #5XX.
no one has contacted me.
city worker preference

Old 06-30-2022, 11:09 AM

172 posts, read 243,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin41668 View Post
wow, i have #5XX.
no one has contacted me.
city worker preference
There were no preferences for this one. But maybe they haven’t gotten to the 500s?

Anyone know what log number they are up to?

Old 07-16-2022, 02:00 PM

4 posts, read 4,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namebyuser View Post
There were no preferences for this one. But maybe they haven’t gotten to the 500s?

Anyone know what log number they are up to?
My log # was 4xx and they reached out to me in May. I think they filled the 1BRs as well as studios.

Old 07-18-2022, 03:43 PM

268 posts, read 304,332 times
Did anyone else receive an email from their marketing/ management team about “previewing” an apartment? My email read that my log might be reached soon, but I can see the apartment beforehand…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery