Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2022, 11:02 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,839,601 times

Advertisements

What I understand from this thread, electricity is already included in the rent for Sven affordable apartments. I don't know about their MR apartments though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
Are you sure ? I always paid electricity separately. But good for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2022, 11:08 AM

800 posts, read 730,719 times
Yup it’s included! I believe the same for MR since they’re also complaining based off the reviews lol. They don’t control “entirely”. We have our own smart thermostat, but the AC functionality is now turned off since we’re in the cold season. You can only adjust the heat.

Old 10-28-2022, 11:11 AM

At any circumstances, DO NOT use Eagle Van Lines Moving and Storage, they are crappy & very very unprofessional!!! This is coming from my own personal experience, not just reading the reviews.

Old 10-28-2022, 11:12 AM

I agree someoneinqueens. I would also prefer to pay my coned bill. Although my coned bill has always been higher than you guys lol. $65 on a low month and $185 on a high month. I have no idea how lmao I only pay for electric. It’s a small one bedroom apt but I guess I do run the AC more than usual for my husky’s sake lol

Old 10-28-2022, 11:20 AM

Paying the electricity through the building management is different from paying directly to ConEd, at least this is based on my personal experience. I noticed paying my electricity charges through the building management is somehow way cheaper than when I had ConEd account. I have a studio in both old & current apartments but the electricity charges were like night & day!

When I was in my old apartment, ConEd billed me around $85/month (ConEd put me into their flat rate plan). Right now, my building management billed me no more than $55/month in Summertime & during Winter time I got electricity bill less than $30!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
I agree someoneinqueens. I would also prefer to pay my coned bill. Although my coned bill has always been higher than you guys lol. $65 on a low month and $185 on a high month. I have no idea how lmao I only pay for electric. It’s a small one bedroom apt but I guess I do run the AC more than usual for my husky’s sake lol

Old 10-28-2022, 11:32 AM

196 posts, read 178,140 times
Quote:
If he really wants it and SVEN ignores he should call HPD and let me know! I’d be so upset if they skipped over my log
Yes... He called Durst and they said they would email contact information but hasn't received anything yet. I'll tell him to call HPD directly that might be better. Thanks for the tip!

I'm moving in a new building too and we have different types of issues. I feel like new construction comes with its load of problems until they learn how to adapt and so I hope they adapt to the heating issue quickly.

Old 10-28-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Paying the electricity through the building management is different from paying directly to ConEd, at least this is based on my personal experience. I noticed paying my electricity charges through the building management is somehow way cheaper than when I had ConEd account. I have a studio in both old & current apartments but the electricity charges were like night & day!

When I was in my old apartment, ConEd billed me around $85/month (ConEd put me into their flat rate plan). Right now, my building management billed me no more than $55/month in Summertime & during Winter time I got electricity bill less than $30!
Oh nice! I guess whichever provider they use has cheaper rates. Would’ve been nice if SVEN did the same but hey I’ll take this one con with all the other pros I’m getting.

Hopefully I’ll stay at SVEN for a long time - unless ofc the Summit has a phase 3 and I get picked haha (or a similar luxurious building for that matter).

Old 10-28-2022, 11:59 AM

I hope you will! I hate moving around, not to mention moving is very expensive & exhausting! I usually stay as long as I could especially if I like the neighborhood

Quote:
Hopefully I’ll stay at SVEN for a long time -

Old 10-28-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
Yes... He called Durst and they said they would email contact information but hasn't received anything yet. I'll tell him to call HPD directly that might be better. Thanks for the tip!

I'm moving in a new building too and we have different types of issues. I feel like new construction comes with its load of problems until they learn how to adapt and so I hope they adapt to the heating issue quickly.
I know the agent working on my case no longer works at Durst so I wonder if something fell through the cracks due to that. I hope you guys are able to get this sorted!

Old 10-28-2022, 01:27 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,451,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
You have to email the moving company directly to request for a quotation.

When I moved into my current building, I contacted several moving companies asking for a quote & did the comparison which one is cheaper. I contacted Piece of Cake & Dumbo Moving, I found Dumbo Moving was cheaper than Piece of Cake, their service was also very professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
It was a lot when my roommate and I used a moving company for a 2 bedroom apartment during peak moving season in the summer $1700 including the tip which was 10% per guy. We used Dyno movers and they worked fast
All of this, it varies a lot depending on how much much stuff you have, how far your move is, whether there are stairs etc. I used POC to move a 1br in the Bronx to a 1br in Brooklyn this past August and it was $1100+tip. You can definitely comparison shop but do be careful to ask about whether the quote is all inclusive (POC is) or if there will be added charges for things like tolls, gas/milage, if the move takes longer due to traffic etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery