Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2023, 02:25 PM

524 posts, read 509,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeler View Post
Is anybody using Natural Wireless? How's it? Do you really get the speed they promise?
I have the lowest plan, it seems decent but I don't know anything about internet speeds and I don't game or do anything like that. My zoom call for work was lagging the other day but the rest of the time it worked smoothly so not sure if that is related since my computer also just force quit the same day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2023, 10:22 PM

71 posts, read 59,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
I have the lowest plan, it seems decent but I don't know anything about internet speeds and I don't game or do anything like that. My zoom call for work was lagging the other day but the rest of the time it worked smoothly so not sure if that is related since my computer also just force quit the same day.
Are you using wifi? you can check your internet speed on here: https://www.speedtest.net/

I am planning to get Natural Wireless but want to make sure that it works as advertised. Another thing I wanted to ask is renter's insurance. They require it ($300k coverage), but how do they even know if someone has it or not? Is this something like the carpet requirement?

Old 02-04-2023, 04:09 AM

800 posts, read 731,952 times
Quote:
Are you using wifi? you can check your internet speed on here: https://www.speedtest.net/

I am planning to get Natural Wireless but want to make sure that it works as advertised. Another thing I wanted to ask is renter's insurance. They require it ($300k coverage), but how do they even know if someone has it or not? Is this something like the carpet requirement?
Yeah they’re not checking for it but tbh renter’s insurance is super cheap and def really good to have. Usually like 10-15/mo

Old 02-04-2023, 07:44 AM

Quote:

It's operating at 149 mbps according to the test

Old 02-04-2023, 09:28 AM

20 posts, read 17,976 times
Default Sven contacted me to submit documents

Last Wednesday Sven contacted me to submit documents and am now pending review. How long is the wait before getting an appt? Also, is better to submit documents online vs in person? Thank you.

Old 02-04-2023, 12:36 PM

Quote:
It's operating at 149 mbps according to the test

So you have the 350 Mbps plan and getting only 146 mbps speed?

Old 02-04-2023, 12:46 PM

Quote:
So you have the 350 Mbps plan and getting only 146 mbps speed?
Yeah it's varied it was 255 another time not sure if phone vs laptop makes a difference.

Old 02-04-2023, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Yeah it's varied it was 255 another time not sure if phone vs laptop makes a difference.
If you test the speed on a phone you would get a much lower speed than the actual internet speed you have. Usually speed tests run by a desktop/laptop are more accurate.

Old 02-04-2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaland96 View Post
Last Wednesday Sven contacted me to submit documents and am now pending review. How long is the wait before getting an appt? Also, is better to submit documents online vs in person? Thank you.
It might take a couple of weeks for them to request a second batch of documents. Online submission/Emails are always faster. Just use your phone to scan any documents you need to submit if you don't have a pdf version.

Old 02-06-2023, 05:38 PM

9 posts, read 10,061 times
I received a email asking for additional documentation and basically not being specific I already submitted what they’re requesting of me again and I don’t understand any of it plus not getting help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery