Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2023, 04:52 PM

800 posts, read 732,272 times

Advertisements

Clickpay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2023, 11:05 AM

71 posts, read 59,490 times
It has been a month since I moved here and so far these are the things happened in this "new" building.

1- Some of the wall internet ports do not work, they said the wires are damaged and they do not want to fix them.
2- The windows have bunch of scratches, they checked and said they can't do anything about it.
3- I can literally hear my neighbors speaking/yelling/laughing so I assume the walls are very thin.
4- Heating system/Air vents issues because they control them
5- Some neighbors complain about tab water having green color (you can check google reviews)

Old 03-12-2023, 01:29 PM

586 posts, read 586,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeler View Post
It has been a month since I moved here and so far these are the things happened in this "new" building.

1- Some of the wall internet ports do not work, they said the wires are damaged and they do not want to fix them.
2- The windows have bunch of scratches, they checked and said they can't do anything about it.
3- I can literally hear my neighbors speaking/yelling/laughing so I assume the walls are very thin.
4- Heating system/Air vents issues because they control them
5- Some neighbors complain about tab water having green color (you can check google reviews)
Yea seems like that building is a disaster and they tried to save money and cut corners

Old 03-13-2023, 07:31 PM

71 posts, read 59,490 times
another issue which bothers many tenants:

6- Some people smoke weed in their apartment even though it is not allowed and the smell comes to our apartments through central heating system.

I really cannot believe how disrespectful and irresponsible some people are, so living in a building like this doesn't change anything for these people.

Old 03-14-2023, 10:22 AM

525 posts, read 510,515 times
In my opinion, it really is not a disaster. Is Sven perfect? No, but even if you are paying an exorbitant amount your apartment is not going to be. It's NYC and there are people everywhere. It is part of just generally living in apartments in the city and you can only soundproof so much. I personally feel like they did a good job with regard to soundproofing. It's amazing you can barely hear the train. I don't hear my neighbors other than the occasional bump against the wall, talking in the hallway as they walk by, or occasional footsteps above. It is unrealistic to expect pure silence. The only issues I think are the heating system which has not been an issue for me in terms of comfort, and the internet ports only work on the natural wireless port if you have that provider. Far from a disaster.

Old 03-14-2023, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
In my opinion, it really is not a disaster. Is Sven perfect? No, but even if you are paying an exorbitant amount your apartment is not going to be. It's NYC and there are people everywhere. It is part of just generally living in apartments in the city and you can only soundproof so much. I personally feel like they did a good job with regard to soundproofing. It's amazing you can barely hear the train. I don't hear my neighbors other than the occasional bump against the wall, talking in the hallway as they walk by, or occasional footsteps above. It is unrealistic to expect pure silence. The only issues I think are the heating system which has not been an issue for me in terms of comfort, and the internet ports only work on the natural wireless port if you have that provider. Far from a disaster.
I live in Brooklyn crossing I have triple pane sound proof windows sound proof walls and the front door is sound proof...I can blast my music and you won't hear anything in the hallway

Old 03-14-2023, 12:19 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,866,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
I live in Brooklyn crossing I have triple pane sound proof windows sound proof walls and the front door is sound proof...I can blast my music and you won't hear anything in the hallway
You need to stop with this. The walls are NOT soundproof and neither are the doors. Just because you have been lucky that no one has complained about you does not make it true.

Staff literally had to call someone and asked if they were ok because neighbors could hearing arguing and screaming from outside their apt and below them. I have heard people's music not only above me but also in the hallway. I've heard people on the phone inside their apt.

Old 03-14-2023, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
You need to stop with this. The walls are NOT soundproof and neither are the doors. Just because you have been lucky that no one has complained about you does not make it true.

Staff literally had to call someone and asked if they were ok because neighbors could hearing arguing and screaming from outside their apt and below them. I have heard people's music not only above me but also in the hallway. I've heard people on the phone inside their apt.
Lies I play my music and u can't hear anything in the hallway once I close my door

Old 03-14-2023, 12:47 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,866,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Lies I play my music and u can't hear anything in the hallway once I close my door
YOU, speak for yourself and stop making general statements as if your experience is everyone else's.

Old 03-14-2023, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
YOU, speak for yourself and stop making general statements as if your experience is everyone else's.
Like I said I can't hear anything all I hear is ur loud mouth thru this chat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery