Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2023, 06:10 PM

8 posts, read 8,012 times

Advertisements

I recently moved here and am very happy. For starters, the building is immaculate, the staff is extremely helpful and polite and even though the units are small, I realized that they are large enough to accommodate the essentials. The views are stunning, I don’t hear any noises or smells, the gym is incredible. I most recently lived with a roommate in a nearby luxury building that has high reviews and even though I had a good experience there, this is on a whole different level.

That being said, the temperature issues mentioned in the reviews seem awful for those affected but I’m not one of those people (not yet atleast).

Overall, at the lottery price, this building feels like the deal of a lifetime. I feel so grateful beyond words!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2023, 07:27 PM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycman2012 View Post
I recently moved here and am very happy. For starters, the building is immaculate, the staff is extremely helpful and polite and even though the units are small, I realized that they are large enough to accommodate the essentials. The views are stunning, I don’t hear any noises or smells, the gym is incredible. I most recently lived with a roommate in a nearby luxury building that has high reviews and even though I had a good experience there, this is on a whole different level.

That being said, the temperature issues mentioned in the reviews seem awful for those affected but I’m not one of those people (not yet atleast).

Overall, at the lottery price, this building feels like the deal of a lifetime. I feel so grateful beyond words!

can i ask .... which layout did you take? how long was your process and around what floor are the lottery units?

Old 07-04-2023, 07:39 PM

8 posts, read 8,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affordablekeisha View Post
can i ask .... which layout did you take? how long was your process and around what floor are the lottery units?
I chose H but there were many others, the process took over 4 months since I sent the first documents. There were units available in the 40s.

Old 07-13-2023, 01:59 PM

347 posts, read 355,536 times
Hello all -

I have been fast tracked at SVEN; first reach out was 5 days ago, uploaded second docs yesterday and today they have sent me floorplans to choose from.

Is something going on I should know about?

I see this is not the typical experience. I literally just finished reading this entire thread. Every single post.

Old 07-13-2023, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
Hello all -

I have been fast tracked at SVEN; first reach out was 5 days ago, uploaded second docs yesterday and today they have sent me floorplans to choose from.

Is something going on I should know about?

I see this is not the typical experience. I literally just finished reading this entire thread. Every single post.

hey around what was your log #? and which floor were you offered?

there are alot of diff opinions on sven here but ultimately i think the building and direct location to subway is a win!

Old 07-13-2023, 08:06 PM

Hi there -

Log 10XXX. Here are the options:
studio $2189 F, J
1 bedroom $2345 H
1 bedroom $2772 C (floors 15 – 22), D

I'm really trying to understand why this has moved so fast.

Quote:
hey around what was your log #? and which floor were you offered?
there are alot of diff opinions on sven here but ultimately i think the building and direct location to subway is a win!
Yes, I've read all the posts; will likely move forward - just shocked at the speed

Old 07-13-2023, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
Hi there -

Log 10XXX. Here are the options:
studio $2189 F, J
1 bedroom $2345 H
1 bedroom $2772 C (floors 15 – 22), D

I'm really trying to understand why this has moved so fast.

Yes, I've read all the posts; will likely move forward - just shocked at the speed

Not trying to discourage you but alot of people are unhappy with many things they have said its alot of loud noise, weed smoking through vents and broken elevators. As someone who lives in the hood already i am used to it! i can understand living in a "luxury" building you wouldn't want those issues tho!

Old 07-13-2023, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Not trying to discourage you but alot of people are unhappy with many things they have said its alot of loud noise, weed smoking through vents and broken elevators. As someone who lives in the hood already i am used to it! i can understand living in a "luxury" building you wouldn't want those issues tho!
Thanks; yes I've read the posts and have encountered worse; this building is better than my current situation. Do you have any insight on the speed? Are they having trouble getting tenants?

Old 07-14-2023, 08:04 AM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
Quote:
I've never had the weed smoke issue but the elevators are almost always working there were a few times when they were down briefly like less than a few hours but it's minimal. There are just some things about the elevators that are annoying and it varies per elevator but it's primarily because the security feature that you can't go to a floor that is not your own makes it hard if you are not able to get your key out fast enough and it passes your floor since they keypad can be tricky and won't always register you selected something but it's really depending on which elevator you are in. It is pretty far from the hood. My door was open for 4 hours because it accidentally got caught on my rug, I did not realize it on my way out and not a single thing was touched in my unit. Not that I would ever intentionally do it but it does illustrate that it's incredibly safe.

Old 08-17-2023, 12:45 PM

27 posts, read 23,744 times
I viewed last week H unit, one bedroom. I love the layout of the unit, building overall is beautiful and in a decent neighborhood. I can’t wait to move in, received an approval email shortly after notifying the leasing agent I wanted to move forward with the move in. Dated to be in my unit on the 15 of next month. As far as the noise, I’m on a really high floor and couldn’t hear any one in the hallways to be honest I did a little sound check with the agent that showed me the apartment. What a reasonable, helpful woman, Debbie you’re the best! Good experience overall, we’ll see how things progress once I’m in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery