Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2023, 06:07 AM

800 posts, read 730,465 times

Advertisements

They didn’t update. Once it gets below a certain degree outside, they turn on the ability to use heating and turn off AC (and vice verse). This actually frustrates me because my apartment gets hot at night. The way the system is set up I don’t think this will ever get fixed. They will forever get complaints because depending on where your unit is facing and how high/low you are, your room temperature will be different than other residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2023, 06:30 PM

15 posts, read 8,269 times
Hey so I toured Sven today loved the amenities… apartment H high floor was very cute just wish it was a lil bigger, views loved it. Closets are tiny compared to where I live now. Love the area. Question does anyone have apartment layouts for all Sven lottery apartments? I’m trying to see what is the biggest square foot for lottery 1 bedroom. Also did anyone get a chance to see another unit besides the one they chosen?? I’m tryin to decide if I want to move forward…

Old 10-22-2023, 07:29 PM

347 posts, read 356,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboymike169 View Post
Hey so I toured Sven today loved the amenities… apartment H high floor was very cute just wish it was a lil bigger, views loved it. Closets are tiny compared to where I live now. Love the area. Question does anyone have apartment layouts for all Sven lottery apartments? I’m trying to see what is the biggest square foot for lottery 1 bedroom. Also did anyone get a chance to see another unit besides the one they chosen?? I’m tryin to decide if I want to move forward…
I live in a D at Sven and absolutely love the building and apartment. My unit is 559 sq ft and it's the only one I looked at - was offered F J H C D. I believe H and L were all lottery units - D and C are available in both market rate and a few lottery which is why I asked to see the D.

If you were only offered the H, it's likely all that's left. They would have offered you all units you qualified for. I'm pretty sure I posted these floor plans earlier and you can find in my history - but if not, let me know which you want to see (F,J are studios and H,C,D are 1 bed).

Old 10-22-2023, 08:26 PM

15 posts, read 8,269 times
Hello thank you for your response. Can you send me all the lays out for the 1 bed rooms in a direct message? I was told I was eligible for 1 stuido N
1 bedroom h/L
I know my income can go up to the 2772 but I’m not sure if any apartments is available. I did my walk throw with Debra today and she said I should ask if any more units are available. I would take a 559 sq bc that’s what I live in now. I love it here I hope they have some more available. I saw so many layouts on YouTube but not sure if they are available for lottery.

Old 10-22-2023, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboymike169 View Post
Hello thank you for your response. Can you send me all the lays out for the 1 bed rooms in a direct message?
Hi - I don't believe attachments can be sent in direct messages - but I've attached C here. City Data wont let me upload the D plan again since I previously attached it - see post of 9/20/23 for D
Attached Thumbnails
Upcoming housing lottery in Queens - Sven LIC-c-sven.jpg  

Old 10-30-2023, 10:10 AM

6 posts, read 5,383 times
Current tenants: did anybody else get a knock at their door today from Sven maintenance asking to do an inspection?

Old 10-31-2023, 09:12 AM

181 posts, read 122,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chchandbongit View Post
Current tenants: did anybody else get a knock at their door today from Sven maintenance asking to do an inspection?

What? i thought there had to be a day notice? i heard a same day inspection would only happen if they suspect smoking or a leak.

Old 11-15-2023, 11:46 AM

79 posts, read 48,631 times
log #116XX contacted to submit docs.

Old 11-20-2023, 06:55 PM

26 posts, read 16,509 times
Hi all- I have a log #11xxx. I got contacted and gave more paperwork and was told next step is being contacted to view a unit that was assigned to me. I have one concern over being asked to sign something about having less than 5k assets? It listed all the assets I had, including a brokerage account. The rest are retirement accounts. I have more than 5k in my brokerage account but its not income earning. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I contact them and say I'll throw it in my retirement account if that is an issue?

Old 11-20-2023, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylemon View Post
I have one concern over being asked to sign something about having less than 5k assets? It listed all the assets I had, including a brokerage account. The rest are retirement accounts. I have more than 5k in my brokerage account but its not income earning. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I contact them and say I'll throw it in my retirement account if that is an issue?
This is confusing. Why would you need to move money to prove you have or don't have it? All of your assets should be listed. If you are trying to hide something, it would be fraudulent to (1) not provide them with all of your information and/or (2) sign that form. I live at Sven; was never asked to sign anything like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery