Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2023, 04:04 AM

181 posts, read 122,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylemon View Post
Hi all- I have a log #11xxx. I got contacted and gave more paperwork and was told next step is being contacted to view a unit that was assigned to me. I have one concern over being asked to sign something about having less than 5k assets? It listed all the assets I had, including a brokerage account. The rest are retirement accounts. I have more than 5k in my brokerage account but its not income earning. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I contact them and say I'll throw it in my retirement account if that is an issue?

Ask hpd will having that amount of assets make you unqualified, do not try to cheat your way into a affordable housing lottery , it will catch up to you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2023, 04:26 AM

26 posts, read 16,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
This is confusing. Why would you need to move money to prove you have or don't have it? All of your assets should be listed. If you are trying to hide something, it would be fraudulent to (1) not provide them with all of your information and/or (2) sign that form. I live at Sven; was never asked to sign anything like this.
I did list all my assets. And the management re-listed all my assets, including my brokerage account, on something called assets certification under 5K but they listed the total assets as zero. So there must be some rule of calculating it that I don't understand? I'm not trying to defraud anyone!

Old 11-24-2023, 10:10 AM

26 posts, read 16,509 times
Default Assets under 5K doc

Quote:
I did list all my assets. And the management re-listed all my assets, including my brokerage account, on something called assets certification under 5K but they listed the total assets as zero. So there must be some rule of calculating it that I don't understand? I'm not trying to defraud anyone!
In case anyone is ever wondering about this -- I think I understand better what it is. I was filling out this doc because IF your assets are more than 5Km then they factor that in to your overall income.

So, either way you fill out everything you have, which I did. If assets outside of retirement accounts are more than 5K, then 6% of that is added to your income to gauge if you qualify for the apartment. So, I think I'm all good. If you're under 5K, then they're not a factor at all.

Old 11-24-2023, 10:17 AM

533 posts, read 417,179 times
Quote:
In case anyone is ever wondering about this -- I think I understand better what it is. I was filling out this doc because IF your assets are more than 5Km then they factor that in to your overall income.

So, either way you fill out everything you have, which I did. If assets outside of retirement accounts are more than 5K, then 6% of that is added to your income to gauge if you qualify for the apartment. So, I think I'm all good. If you're under 5K, then they're not a factor at all.
you are correct about >5k asset based income calculation, but the percentage added is .06% not 6%.

Old 11-27-2023, 10:45 AM

27 posts, read 23,827 times
I’m sorry this buildings management is horrible, what a **** show honestly.

Old 11-27-2023, 11:03 AM

181 posts, read 122,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommysocial1 View Post

What happened as of lately? i hear this alot but who exactly is the issue, on site leasing, maintenance ?

Old 11-27-2023, 01:53 PM

15 posts, read 8,269 times
Omg really… what happen now??

Old 11-27-2023, 02:01 PM

523 posts, read 507,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommysocial1 View Post
What happened for you? I have only had a positive experience so far.

Old 12-05-2023, 06:12 AM

9 posts, read 7,954 times
Hi everyone I have a few questions:

1. Do we know what units are left?

2. I also accidentally submitted an incomplete application via pronto. I was filling out the questions and pressed the green button continue, which then said ”You have completed our questionnaire. Please pay attention to your email for any follow-up our compliance team may have...” however at that point I havent yet added all my husbands details. This happened a few days ago. I was finally able to add everything today and resubmit it via Pronto. However, I've never filled anything out Via Pronto and so this unsuspected and accidental submit is bugging me!

3. I have also added all of documents to housing connect.

4. About Extra Deposits:
I get reimbursements from my work for transport, so i have added my company's pdf file explaining how it work.
We also have 10 zelle incoming payments from my mother in law, pertaining to medical fees, over 6 months. Should we write an affidavit mentioning those payments?

Last edited by Belzee; 12-05-2023 at 06:24 AM..

Old 12-05-2023, 09:59 AM

347 posts, read 356,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzee View Post
Hi everyone I have a few questions:
1. Do we know what units are left?
2. I also accidentally submitted an incomplete application via pronto. I was filling out the questions and pressed the green button continue, which then said ”You have completed our questionnaire. Please pay attention to your email for any follow-up our compliance team may have...” however at that point I havent yet added all my husbands details. This happened a few days ago. I was finally able to add everything today and resubmit it via Pronto. However, I've never filled anything out Via Pronto and so this unsuspected and accidental submit is bugging me!
Interesting; Pronto was not involved when I went thru the application process to Sven. If they are required now, it may be that the units are all re-rentals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery