Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2023, 04:44 AM

9 posts, read 7,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylemon View Post
Application review complete and I'm viewing tomorrow! Took almost 3 weeks for review.
YEY CONGRATS!! I'm happy for you. How do you feel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2023, 02:51 PM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
Hey can any sven resident confirm if the construction site on the side is going to be a another high rise building? i am getting anxiety thinking my view is about to be taken away...

Old 12-13-2023, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 638 times
Hi! Could any current lottery resident explain what Sven asks for lease renewal?
Is just a regular lease, or they ask again for all the documents, bank statements, assets, etc. to check for income qualification?
Thanks!

Old 12-14-2023, 01:30 PM

26 posts, read 16,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affordablekeisha View Post
When you get your lease they have a option to select window guards,which layout did you pick? and congrads on being approved!.
Thanks! I signed the lease today! I "picked" L - it was the only option of the four I was initially offered - I guess they went very fast. But that's the one I would have picked anyway.

Old 12-14-2023, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
I am not an expert on this building and how the windows function but please be mindful that cats are extremely flexible and can fit through gaps as small as ~2 inches. Most window guards will do nothing to stop a cat from getting out the window.
You're absolutely right that window guards won't help with cats. I'll have to come up with my own DIY barrier and just not open the windows until I can secure then somehow.

Old 12-14-2023, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclove123 View Post
Hi! Could any current lottery resident explain what Sven asks for lease renewal?
Is just a regular lease, or they ask again for all the documents, bank statements, assets, etc. to check for income qualification?
Thanks!
Not sure anyone's gone through a renewal yet, but from my understanding it's pretty normal once you're in.

Old 12-14-2023, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzee View Post
YEY CONGRATS!! I'm happy for you. How do you feel?
Thanks! I'm super excited. Pinching myself!

Old 12-14-2023, 09:05 PM

521 posts, read 505,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affordablekeisha View Post
Hey can any sven resident confirm if the construction site on the side is going to be a another high rise building? i am getting anxiety thinking my view is about to be taken away...
I checked a while ago and I looked again recently, I do not believe it will be a high rise based off the city records unless it gets rezoned. Its owned by the city and leased by the holding LLC that owns of Sven. I think most of the construction stuff was from when they made Sven. It might be a park in the future but I am not entirely sure based off the record but presently its not privately held, it's commercial and manufacturing zoned and not zoned for a residential space. If you click on the property records tab from the link there is something that says Queens Plaza Park Development.

https://zola.planning.nyc.gov/l/lot/...endments%22%5D

Old 12-14-2023, 09:38 PM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
I checked a while ago and I looked again recently, I do not believe it will be a high rise based off the city records unless it gets rezoned. Its owned by the city and leased by the holding LLC that owns of Sven. I think most of the construction stuff was from when they made Sven. It might be a park in the future but I am not entirely sure based off the record but presently its not privately held, it's commercial and manufacturing zoned and not zoned for a residential space. If you click on the property records tab from the link there is something that says Queens Plaza Park Development.

https://zola.planning.nyc.gov/l/lot/...endments%22%5D

thanks for this cos when i looked at the posters it said lirr , was confused, also thanks again for responding for us late sven'rs.

Last edited by affordablekeisha; 12-14-2023 at 09:49 PM..

Old 12-14-2023, 11:23 PM

1,699 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylemon View Post
You're absolutely right that window guards won't help with cats. I'll have to come up with my own DIY barrier and just not open the windows until I can secure then somehow.
I don't live at Sven but I live in a new building with no screen (all glass outside) and windows that swing inward and will open about 3 inches without intervention (obviously way too big). I used cabinet door baby locks stuck to the frame and window to only allow mine to open ~1 inch. Has worked great for ~2 years with my 2 cats. I have one lock at the bottom and a back up one at the top of each window that they can't reach, in case they ever tried to pull them off (so far they show no interest and instead like to stick the very tip of their noses out the tiny crack to smell the smells and feel the breeze). Feel free to DM my if you'd like a pic of my baby lock set up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery