Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2023, 01:07 PM

180 posts, read 122,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommysocial1 View Post
I viewed last week H unit, one bedroom. I love the layout of the unit, building overall is beautiful and in a decent neighborhood. I can’t wait to move in, received an approval email shortly after notifying the leasing agent I wanted to move forward with the move in. Dated to be in my unit on the 15 of next month. As far as the noise, I’m on a really high floor and couldn’t hear any one in the hallways to be honest I did a little sound check with the agent that showed me the apartment. What a reasonable, helpful woman, Debbie you’re the best! Good experience overall, we’ll see how things progress once I’m in.

congrads! may i ask what your log number was around? and was this a re-rental. thank u
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2023, 11:35 PM

27 posts, read 23,788 times
My log number was in the ten thousands dear, not a re-rental. Hope this helps

Old 08-18-2023, 12:18 AM

180 posts, read 122,090 times
Quote:
My log number was in the ten thousands dear, not a re-rental. Hope this helps

thanks for that, when did they first reach out for docs? was the timeline long for everything ?

im pending still.... not word yet and it's been 2 months

Old 08-18-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by affordablekeisha View Post
thanks for that, when did they first reach out for docs? was the timeline long for everything ?

im pending still.... not word yet and it's been 2 months

Wow not sure why it’s taking so long for you, this is my second housing connect apartment I must say Sven has moved pretty fast compared to my last experience with another development which took almost a year. I got selected by Sven early July, submitted first batch of docs around that time. Second batch of documents a couple days after the first batch, invited to view unit August 15th and offered that unit and approved for move date that same day. Who is your leasing agent?

Old 08-27-2023, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycman2012 View Post
I chose H but there were many others, the process took over 4 months since I sent the first documents. There were units available in the 40s.

I also took H, how did you place a couch or sectional in the living room? I move in on the 15th. Trying to get an idea of what can actually fit.

Old 08-28-2023, 09:05 AM

24 posts, read 14,551 times
Hi, I’ve been trying to catch up on all the posts for Sven but there’s sooo many lol. Has anyone viewed or seen the layout for the 2bdrm? I only see posts about studio/1bdrm. Are the 2bdrm 1bth or 2bth?

Old 08-28-2023, 09:10 AM

522 posts, read 506,214 times
Quote:
I also took H, how did you place a couch or sectional in the living room? I move in on the 15th. Trying to get an idea of what can actually fit.
I live in L the reverse layout to H and I have an 79" sofa and it goes to the door frame from the wall. A sectional will fit but take up the entire living room.

Old 09-02-2023, 01:36 PM

24 posts, read 14,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmel View Post
I got contacted to provide additional docs but I ended up rejecting the app. It is way over my budget for a 2 bedroom. Didn't realize they only had one 2 bedroom unit at $2560. They sent me a list of units I was eligible for as follows:

Unit Size: Studio - Floorplans F, J - Rent $2189
Unit Size: 1 bedroom - Floorplans H.L - Rent $2345
Unit Size: 1 bedroom - Floorplans C (floors 15-22), D, E(floors 21-25), T - Rent $2772
Unit Size: 2 bedroom - Floorplans G - Rent $3328

Hope that helps.
Could you please post or send me the 2bedroom floor plan G. I’ve been trying to get some insight on the 2bdrms

Old 09-02-2023, 07:04 PM

800 posts, read 729,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDai View Post
Could you please post or send me the 2bedroom floor plan G. I’ve been trying to get some insight on the 2bdrms
Floor plans are on streateasy. They’re pretty accurate

Old 09-11-2023, 07:52 AM

4 posts, read 2,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
For RS apartments adding additional adult occupants is normally handled as part of lease renewal process. There is a specific form sent with all RS lease renewals where tenants can list all adults residing in apartment.

Depending upon term of initial lease renewal is either in one year or two.
Does adding an additional occupant mean I have to requalify with the income/assets of the additional occupant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery