Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2022, 09:23 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,449,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfan22 View Post
I've been lurking in this thread but I wanted to chime in. I've had the same problems with them. I was asked to submit additional documents, which I did. They rejected me. I appealed and was again asked to submit more documents. They rejected me again. I definitely qualify and have submitted all requested documents but I've been going in circles with them. I was told to email them to discuss further but I've never gotten a response. Hopefully, you have better luck than me.

That's crazy! I definitely get the sense that they sometimes are trying to get you to drop out bc they don't want to deal with you. Don't give up, you got this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 06:42 AM

453 posts, read 498,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khansolo View Post
What log number are you? I'm 7xx and my second batch has been in review for over a month now
Woah, what?! That's crazy because they wasted NO time in going through (and rejecting!) my second batch documents! (Literally half way through the next working day after the deadline).

I would suggest you give them a call and ask!

Old 06-28-2022, 06:48 AM

14 posts, read 16,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Woah, what?! That's crazy because they wasted NO time in going through (and rejecting!) my second batch documents! (Literally half way through the next working day after the deadline).

I would suggest you give them a call and ask!

Yes, that's why I called last week after hearing estee was given floor plans. They said they would get to me this week. I know who is handling my case and I won't be able to talk to anyone else, so I don't want to annoy her by calling again. I'm sure it's been a lot, I am just getting a bit anxious.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:54 AM

63 posts, read 65,329 times
Sorry for the long radio silence, everyone. Turns out moving is wayyyyy more stressful than I remember (I haven't done it in five years haha)!! Tried to go back and read through messages, but might have missed some. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Topline:
- I moving into SVEN within the next few days!
- Basically, I was offered a lease for Jul 1 on June 21. Given the short notice, it was impossible to find a mover who didn't want to charge me 8 billion dollars, so I asked for a couple days wiggle room from both my current landlord and SVEN and got it covered. Not sure if they were just flexible because because I was an earlier log or what. And I didn't try to ask for an August move because my lease was up here anyway.
- There is a two hour elevator reservation window for the move, and movers generally give a pretty large arrival window. So I'd advise going for a morning move if you can since those run more on time.
- Sorry y'all have been dealing with all of the frustration. My case person has been super helpful throughout the process. She's was less responsive over email, but was able to connect over phone a few times. Seems like they are overworked and I don't envy their position at all.
- If you're a lower log number and worried about units being left, I would say to not worry so much. I said this before, but when I toured a few weeks ago, they told me I will be one of the first lottery winners to move in and that only 200 units had been filled total (market rate and lotto). They will be at this for awhile.
- The lease was sooo long, but nothing surprising in there. Make sure to let them know you want amenities when you accept the unit. Oh, and a bit random, but lottery winners also get Spireworks access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso Shiso View Post
Update that I was just offered a unit!!!! I'm so excited for next steps and getting the move started

helloitsmeeee, were you able to get a higher floor number? I was also assigned a very low number but can accept if there's no flexibility on it lol
CONGRATS Miso Shiso! We'll be neighbors This probably isn't helpful now, but they didn't budge on floor number and I asked a few times. No one said this, but I'm wondering if some of the higher floors are still getting finishing touches. I know when I was talking to them about move-in date, they had to confirm whether the specific unit would be ready by my proposed date. If that's the case, higher log numbers have something worth waiting for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
I think Helloitsmeee was offered a tour only after the city had approved them. Iirc their experience went:

1. first and second document reuqest (checked and approved by SVEN)
2. SVEN sends floorplans to choose from.
3. Entire file plus selected floorplan sent to the city for approval
4. Tour offered after approval, then lease signing

But if you check their comment history you can probably confirm this!
Yes, this was my process!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxietyBiscuits View Post
Personally I love the chance to see floor plans before I go on a tour. No point being dragged around to layouts I know I won't like (like tiny or oddly shaped bedrooms, places with only 1 closet, etc.)

I also tell them I only care about seeing the features and amenities that are included in my rent on tours. Don't care about gyms or rooftops or pet washing stations if I have to pay extra.
From my experience, the virtual tours on svenlic.com are pretty accurate! Of course, with virtual 3D thet always feel a bit smaller in person. And for amenities, I was told there are no amenities if you don't pay the extra fee. Not even lounge area access

Old 06-30-2022, 07:50 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,927 times
Congrats again & happy moving!!!

My building also has similar rules on amenities, if tenants opt-out the amenities fee then no access to any amenities including the lounges except they still can get a free coffee daily at the lobby from 5am to 1pm & of course, they can still enjoy the beauty of the lobby lounge to entertain their guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloitsmeeee View Post
Sorry for the long radio silence, everyone. Turns out moving is wayyyyy more stressful than I remember (I haven't done it in five years haha)!! Tried to go back and read through messages, but might have missed some. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Topline:
- I moving into SVEN within the next few days!
- Basically, I was offered a lease for Jul 1 on June 21. Given the short notice, it was impossible to find a mover who didn't want to charge me 8 billion dollars, so I asked for a couple days wiggle room from both my current landlord and SVEN and got it covered. Not sure if they were just flexible because because I was an earlier log or what. And I didn't try to ask for an August move because my lease was up here anyway.
- There is a two hour elevator reservation window for the move, and movers generally give a pretty large arrival window. So I'd advise going for a morning move if you can since those run more on time.
- Sorry y'all have been dealing with all of the frustration. My case person has been super helpful throughout the process. She's was less responsive over email, but was able to connect over phone a few times. Seems like they are overworked and I don't envy their position at all.
- If you're a lower log number and worried about units being left, I would say to not worry so much. I said this before, but when I toured a few weeks ago, they told me I will be one of the first lottery winners to move in and that only 200 units had been filled total (market rate and lotto). They will be at this for awhile.
- The lease was sooo long, but nothing surprising in there. Make sure to let them know you want amenities when you accept the unit. Oh, and a bit random, but lottery winners also get Spireworks access.

CONGRATS Miso Shiso! We'll be neighbors This probably isn't helpful now, but they didn't budge on floor number and I asked a few times. No one said this, but I'm wondering if some of the higher floors are still getting finishing touches. I know when I was talking to them about move-in date, they had to confirm whether the specific unit would be ready by my proposed date. If that's the case, higher log numbers have something worth waiting for!

Yes, this was my process!

From my experience, the virtual tours on svenlic.com are pretty accurate! Of course, with virtual 3D thet always feel a bit smaller in person. And for amenities, I was told there are no amenities if you don't pay the extra fee. Not even lounge area access

Old 06-30-2022, 08:03 AM

175 posts, read 177,045 times
@helloitsmeeee thank you! I was hoping you’d come back with any updates, congrats on officially moving into your new home! This is good information to know as we go through this anxiety-inducing process. Making a mental note about the floor assignment!
________

I am on the edge of my seat waiting for an update from my case agent, but it’s only been 2 weeks and it looks like they are still working through the lower logs. I may follow up after this holiday break.

For the amenities - I don’t think I would be using them until I’m more settled in so I wonder if they are flexible on when we can opt in for it.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:29 PM

18 posts, read 19,576 times
Just got offered a unit! Yayy!! Scheduling my tour and lease signing now. Also, when they shared with me my assigned floor I called HC right after to see if I could be moved up. They were able to push me up one floor higher.

Really appreciate this forum as it has definitely been a frustrating and anxious process.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:04 PM

175 posts, read 177,045 times
Awww congrats Estee!!! So exciting, glad you were able to get a higher floor!

Do you happen to know how many of the cheaper 1 BR’s are left? Thanks!

Old 06-30-2022, 06:12 PM

14 posts, read 16,213 times
After submitting my docs 5/26 and radio silence, I finally heard back today that I was rejected for missing documents even though I checked in twice and they said they had everything.

@Brit - it might be a good thing that they rejected you quickly, instead of making you sweat for a month to reject LOL

Wish there was a way to escalate..

Old 06-30-2022, 06:14 PM

800 posts, read 730,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khansolo View Post
After submitting my docs 5/26 and radio silence, I finally heard back today that I was rejected for missing documents even though I checked in twice and they said they had everything.

@Brit - it might be a good thing that they rejected you quickly, instead of making you sweat for a month to reject LOL

Wish there was a way to escalate..
You can appeal!! Not sure what the process is but I’ve read that from multiple ppl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery