Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2022, 11:49 AM

6 posts, read 6,146 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any experience with closed bank accounts? Is there specific documentation that they want to see as I am unable to pull statements for them (given those accounts are closed).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2022, 04:12 PM

453 posts, read 499,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEJoeod View Post
Does anybody have any experience with closed bank accounts? Is there specific documentation that they want to see as I am unable to pull statements for them (given those accounts are closed).
How would they even know about closed accounts? Curious! Surely if it is closed, it is closed and thats proof alone that there is no money on it?

Old 07-11-2022, 11:20 PM

6 posts, read 6,146 times
One of my bank statements has a line item of a deposit in there, so it would be good to have, in case they ask!

Old 07-12-2022, 01:43 AM

14 posts, read 16,217 times
I've been rejected again. They said I was missing documents and didn't get them in during my window. I'm not sure if they will let me appeal again. I wrote that when I checked in they said nothing was missing. They said this was not a strong enough argument.
Not sure if I have a fighting chance even though I really do qualify. Pretty sure my case worker hates me lol

Old 07-12-2022, 04:14 AM

800 posts, read 731,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khansolo View Post
I've been rejected again. They said I was missing documents and didn't get them in during my window. I'm not sure if they will let me appeal again. I wrote that when I checked in they said nothing was missing. They said this was not a strong enough argument.
Not sure if I have a fighting chance even though I really do qualify. Pretty sure my case worker hates me lol
Wth .. that is a good enough argument IMO. What document were you missing?

Old 07-12-2022, 07:12 AM

175 posts, read 177,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khansolo View Post
Wow, that doesn’t sound fair, especially when they had you waiting for so long… is your case worker name start with an N?

Also, I would appeal again, you got this!

Old 07-12-2022, 07:58 AM

3 posts, read 3,440 times
Hi All,

I am so glad I have found this forum! I just heard back from Sven about selecting floor plans (which I hope is promising) as the email says that this is not a guarantee I will get an apartment. I just called to confirm that electricity is included and the woman I spoke with says it is. She also mentioned the amenities are $1000 per year which is about $83 a month. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I am offered an apartment. Anyone out there who actually won this thing and took an apartment with a C floor plan? Just curious since they told me I could view the unit in person if I choose the floor plan but will not be able to view any other units after.

Thanks!

Old 07-12-2022, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconj View Post
Hi All,

I am so glad I have found this forum! I just heard back from Sven about selecting floor plans (which I hope is promising) as the email says that this is not a guarantee I will get an apartment. I just called to confirm that electricity is included and the woman I spoke with says it is. She also mentioned the amenities are $1000 per year which is about $83 a month. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I am offered an apartment. Anyone out there who actually won this thing and took an apartment with a C floor plan? Just curious since they told me I could view the unit in person if I choose the floor plan but will not be able to view any other units after.

Thanks!
CONGRATS! I believe there were a few ppl on this forum that have won/have a move in date. Not sure which floor plans they picked. I would say u have a pretty good chance of getting approved as ur on the last few steps. Do you mind letting us know what range ur lottery # is in?

Old 07-12-2022, 08:35 AM

3 posts, read 3,440 times
Thanks, my number was 13XX. I did have to put in for an appeal though because they never received all my documents the first time. But I hounded them every week until I heard back yesterday. My only concern about moving here now is my dog. I know there is a lot of doggy daycares in the area but most of them don't open until 8 am and I work in the city as an RN and my shift begins at 7:30am so those places wont work for me. I am not trying to spend extra for pick up and drop off either. Hoping if I get it I meet a nice few people in the building who wouldn't mind switching off days with me to watch/walk their doggies while the other is at work

Old 07-12-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconj View Post
Thanks, my number was 13XX. I did have to put in for an appeal though because they never received all my documents the first time. But I hounded them every week until I heard back yesterday. My only concern about moving here now is my dog. I know there is a lot of doggy daycares in the area but most of them don't open until 8 am and I work in the city as an RN and my shift begins at 7:30am so those places wont work for me. I am not trying to spend extra for pick up and drop off either. Hoping if I get it I meet a nice few people in the building who wouldn't mind switching off days with me to watch/walk their doggies while the other is at work
Me! Hopefully if I get it lol log # 39xx SMH. My dog is also my concern. I go into the city twice a week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery