Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2023, 09:39 AM

7 posts, read 6,496 times

Advertisements

Bit of a bummer, I had been contacted and submitted my paperwork. Follow up on some specific accounts they wanted statements for, did that as well. Then stated I hadn't submitted statements for Venmo/Paypal (Statements that I've to date never been asked after submitting information) so was denied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2023, 09:50 AM

522 posts, read 506,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoddicker View Post
Bit of a bummer, I had been contacted and submitted my paperwork. Follow up on some specific accounts they wanted statements for, did that as well. Then stated I hadn't submitted statements for Venmo/Paypal (Statements that I've to date never been asked after submitting information) so was denied.
You can try to appeal generally. SVEN is tricky with paperwork, everything has to be perfect for them.

Old 01-09-2023, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
You can try to appeal generally. SVEN is tricky with paperwork, everything has to be perfect for them.
Already tried through Housing Connect and through the complaint form as well.

Old 01-09-2023, 10:15 AM

800 posts, read 729,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoddicker View Post
Already tried through Housing Connect and through the complaint form as well.
Try calling and letting them know you were not notified to provide but you are more than happy to.

Old 01-10-2023, 05:00 PM

71 posts, read 59,200 times
How much does the renter's insurance cost? Do you guys pay electric/gas bills or it's included in the rent? AND Do you have to cover 80% of the floor with carpet/rugs? Are there any other fees or expenses for these units?

Old 01-11-2023, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
Try calling and letting them know you were not notified to provide but you are more than happy to.
They are sticking to my not providing the Venmo & Paypal statements in a timely manner, so its a no go.

Old 01-11-2023, 01:28 PM

They are real sticklers at SVEN. They required me to fill out the pet form for my RABBIT. Which meant spending $100 to go to a vet for a "check up" despite him being healthy and having no real reason as there is no required rabies vaccine or license to have a bunny. Now they are pushing for his "file" which of course is nonexistent since he is a bunny with no medical history. Even the vet thought it was ridiculous.

Old 01-11-2023, 04:01 PM

603 posts, read 599,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
They are real sticklers at SVEN. They required me to fill out the pet form for my RABBIT. Which meant spending $100 to go to a vet for a "check up" despite him being healthy and having no real reason as there is no required rabies vaccine or license to have a bunny. Now they are pushing for his "file" which of course is nonexistent since he is a bunny with no medical history. Even the vet thought it was ridiculous.
what!? Geez, tell them the bunny is not coming with you, wink wink.

Old 01-11-2023, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
what!? Geez, tell them the bunny is not coming with you, wink wink.
Haha its too late now and they would not give me the lease until I sent it in. The vet joked he would be the killer bunny from Monty python.

Old 01-11-2023, 08:15 PM

93 posts, read 75,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeler View Post
How much does the renter's insurance cost? Do you guys pay electric/gas bills or it's included in the rent? AND Do you have to cover 80% of the floor with carpet/rugs? Are there any other fees or expenses for these units?
I went with the recommended company, Assurant. The cost depends on what plan you choose/amount of coverage you want.

The only extra thing I pay for is Fios Wifi. Electric/Gas is included in the rent.

I asked about the carpet coverage and was told by a staff member that it is not necessary.

The only fee I'm aware of is if you lose your key. I've heard they are strict about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery