Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2022, 06:10 PM

93 posts, read 75,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71293kate View Post
How big is that space I am trying to see if I can fit a piece of furniture in it lol
You can definitely fit something there. I just measured it .. so when you walk in, directly to the left where the light switch is, that wall is 19" wide, I was thinking of putting a small shoe rack there. The length of the space is 64". As you walk further into the space, it widens. The wall opposite of the light switch (with the circuit breaker) is a bit wider, at 28". I was thinking of putting a small table there with a mirror or plants on top to mask the circuit breaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2022, 06:14 PM

521 posts, read 505,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentoodamnhigh View Post
You can definitely fit something there. I just measured it .. so when you walk in, directly to the left where the light switch is, that wall is 19" wide, I was thinking of putting a small shoe rack there. The length of the space is 64" and it widens as you move further into the apartment. The wall opposite of the light switch with the circuit breaker is a bit wider, at 28". I was thinking of putting a small table there with a mirror or plants on top to mask the circuit breaker.
beautiful, I have an armoire I use to keep shoes in and my rabbits cage and I think it will fit well there. Thank you for measuring!

Old 12-15-2022, 06:16 PM

Quote:
beautiful, I have an armoire I use to keep shoes in and my rabbits cage and I think it will fit well there. Thank you for measuring!
No problem!

Old 12-20-2022, 12:38 PM

83 posts, read 78,248 times
Does anyone know if there are units still available? I'm log # 9xxx so wondering if I have a chance

Old 12-25-2022, 06:23 PM

71 posts, read 59,176 times
Does anyone live in an L or H unit? How do you like these units? I checked online but it looks like they have different L and H units for each floor. Since these units face to the backside of the building and away from the subway, do they get noise like the E units?

Old 12-27-2022, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeler View Post
Does anyone live in an L or H unit? How do you like these units? I checked online but it looks like they have different L and H units for each floor. Since these units face to the backside of the building and away from the subway, do they get noise like the E units?
Love my L! The space has some weird angles but I'm working with it and it's perfect for just me. The view is beautiful. Yes, you can hear the train, but it's not bad. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Old 12-27-2022, 05:24 PM

521 posts, read 505,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeler View Post
Does anyone live in an L or H unit? How do you like these units? I checked online but it looks like they have different L and H units for each floor. Since these units face the backside of the building and away from the subway, do they get noise like the E units?
I toured the L unit today, it was pretty quiet while I was in it. I'd imagine you would only hear it if the horn for crossing roads went off with the LIRR but I can hear that in my current building and can't hear the subway so it doesn't bother me. They said they were trying to be leased up with everything by the end of January but didn't say how many units were left and that they were getting close for both market rate and lottery. Amenities are nice but I found it kind of a bummer that you could only have one guest and if you want to have a few friends to use any of the other amenities it's basically an extra $100/hour in addition to amenities fees because you have to book the room entirely. Do those who live there know if it's heavily enforced? If you had friends at your apartment and wanted to use the game room for a bit casually, could you just pop down, or is it a whole ordeal and you need to make reservations and pay that amount?

Old 12-28-2022, 05:44 PM

19 posts, read 13,872 times
I was just contacted to submitted documents. I just finished submitting so lets see what happens.

Old 12-28-2022, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I toured the L unit today, it was pretty quiet while I was in it. I'd imagine you would only hear it if the horn for crossing roads went off with the LIRR but I can hear that in my current building and can't hear the subway so it doesn't bother me. They said they were trying to be leased up with everything by the end of January but didn't say how many units were left and that they were getting close for both market rate and lottery. Amenities are nice but I found it kind of a bummer that you could only have one guest and if you want to have a few friends to use any of the other amenities it's basically an extra $100/hour in addition to amenities fees because you have to book the room entirely. Do those who live there know if it's heavily enforced? If you had friends at your apartment and wanted to use the game room for a bit casually, could you just pop down, or is it a whole ordeal and you need to make reservations and pay that amount?

I toured it today! The view is definitely much better than the E unit and it wasn't as noisy as the E unit, but the subway noise can be heard from inside even though the windows are pretty good to block other noises.

Old 12-28-2022, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentoodamnhigh View Post
Love my L! The space has some weird angles but I'm working with it and it's perfect for just me. The view is beautiful. Yes, you can hear the train, but it's not bad. Doesn't bother me one bit.

The L unit definitely has a beautiful view. Do you happen to know if there will be a construction down there where the park located, right next to it I saw some kind of storage area and some cars etc. looked like a construction site?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery