Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2022, 11:19 AM

800 posts, read 729,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
$2442 at 125% AMI for 1BR is still reasonable BUT the tricky part is, some 125% AMI units may be assigned on 27 Eagle St. & if that happen, you won't be able to access their amenities even though you are willing to pay! If you wanna be able to access the amenities, the guarantee is to get a unit at 130% AMI because you will be on 227 West St. building.
smh we can never win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2022, 11:20 AM

26 posts, read 24,776 times
Quote:
I have no problem with train tracks views as long as the windows are well insulated so the noise won't come in so loud & I get enough sunlight
They're very well insulated, no noise comes through at all! And I thought the same as Ghost about the train views but it ended up being the best available for me. Tons of sunlight pouring in, more windows, nothing blocking it and from one of corners, you do get a view of the the skyline R felt so much smaller and so dark! I believe E is 659 square feet and R is ~590 sq ft.

Old 09-09-2022, 11:30 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,836,542 times
Corner unit is usually larger & 659 sqft is a good size for 1BR. You def made the right decision, congrats again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdef1 View Post
They're very well insulated, no noise comes through at all! And I thought the same as Ghost about the train views but it ended up being the best available for me. Tons of sunlight pouring in, more windows, nothing blocking it and from one of corners, you do get a view of the the skyline R felt so much smaller and so dark! I believe E is 659 square feet and R is ~590 sq ft.

Old 09-09-2022, 11:41 AM

The S line is such a dream!! Too bad I don’t qualify for a 2 bedroom haha

Old 09-09-2022, 11:44 AM

585 posts, read 584,430 times
Quote:
Corner unit is usually larger & 659 sqft is a good size for 1BR. You def made the right decision, congrats again!!
I'm moving into Brooklyn crossing tomorrow I'm glad I chose not to move into 5 pointz something about that building didnt sit right with me now if u read the Google reviews for 5 pointz the building has structural and noise insulation issues people are saying one of the towers is tilted

Old 09-09-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
I'm moving into Brooklyn crossing tomorrow I'm glad I chose not to move into 5 pointz something about that building didnt sit right with me now if u read the Google reviews for 5 pointz the building has structural and noise insulation issues people are saying one of the towers is tilted
Congrats on BC!!! & oh my

Old 09-09-2022, 12:11 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,836,542 times
Finally, you're set as a BC resident! Congrats!!! Please keep us posted on the amenities, I'm still curious whether you have to pay separately to access outdoor swimming pool.

Yeah, I read about those problems at 5Pointz on Google, it seems the construction was cheap & tenants are not happy with the attitude of the staff as well. Hopefully the management will take action immediately on those problems before it's too late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post

Old 09-09-2022, 12:18 PM

229 posts, read 241,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy_ View Post
Thanks so much for sharing! Yeah and I’m surprised T is one of the highest price point. I’m still waiting to be asked for additional docs but I’m not sure I’ll follow through the whole way if I’m approved. I feel like the layouts are not really worth the price, even though it’s so much less than market rate.
I agree with you.

Old 09-09-2022, 12:24 PM

585 posts, read 584,430 times
Quote:
Finally, you're set as a BC resident! Congrats!!! Please keep us posted on the amenities, I'm still curious whether you have to pay separately to access outdoor swimming pool.

Yeah, I read about those problems at 5Pointz on Google, it seems the construction was cheap & tenants are not happy with the attitude of the staff as well. Hopefully the management will take action immediately on those problems before it's too late!
The out door pool isn't open yet what I heard from the worker is people was sneaking in the pool because the door was open so they had to drain the water out so people wouldn't sneak in...and I also heard the wnba liberty players live there

Old 09-09-2022, 03:19 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,440,989 times
Quote:

I'm at BC and we have been told the pool is included in the monthly amenities fee. As said above though, the pool isn't open and they aren't charging rn for any of the amenities that are open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery