Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2022, 10:30 PM

394 posts, read 370,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy_ View Post
My original request was through the portal but I haven't been asked yet for additional docs
Make sure you get their email and submit your docs via email. if you use the portal, they might ask the same docs over and over again and say you passed the deadline and reject you like how they did us. My log# is 48. They asked for my 2020 tax return which I sent them twice.

This is what they said:
You did not submit all of the documents requested within the required timeframe to continue processing your application and/or the documents provided were incomplete or insufficient.

Which is not true cause we submit the same doc the asked twice. BUT maybe this is just my case. I hope you get what you wish for. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2022, 06:04 AM

800 posts, read 729,081 times
Thanks for the heads up! Interesting, why would they need 2020 tax return?

Old 09-06-2022, 09:35 AM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
Thanks for the heads up! Interesting, why would they need 2020 tax return?
I have no clue. instead of 2021 they asked for 2020 twice

Old 09-06-2022, 09:47 AM

453 posts, read 497,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
Make sure you get their email and submit your docs via email. if you use the portal, they might ask the same docs over and over again and say you passed the deadline and reject you like how they did us. My log# is 48. They asked for my 2020 tax return which I sent them twice.

This is what they said:
You did not submit all of the documents requested within the required timeframe to continue processing your application and/or the documents provided were incomplete or insufficient.

Which is not true cause we submit the same doc the asked twice. BUT maybe this is just my case. I hope you get what you wish for. Good luck!
Not just you - they've been like this to SO many of us who tried our best to cooperate and get everything to them. IMO in total breach of the marketing handbook (I read it!) but HPD couldn't care less.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:55 AM

So weird!! Were you able to speak with someone on the phone to explain the rejection?

Old 09-06-2022, 10:13 AM

453 posts, read 497,990 times
Quote:
So weird!! Were you able to speak with someone on the phone to explain the rejection?
Nope! SVEN were unhelpful on the phone, as was HPD. I called a number and the guy couldn't have been less helpful. "Oh, that's not my department! File the complaint online and it'll go to the right department." ME: "Well, could you give me the right number to call or put me through?" HIM: " No...as you can imagine, they don't want to give their phone number out or speak to anyone on the phone" ME: "Can you tell me if there is any level of common success with filing appeals?" HIM: "Wouldn't know about that. Just go through the official channels on the website" etc.

I sort of suspect they might have some friends and family further down the list that they are trying to help out with this trigger happy approach, but honestly whatever at this point. Don't want to live in a building run by such reprobates tbh.

Old 09-06-2022, 12:21 PM

151 posts, read 134,655 times
Thanks for the info! I did email my docs as well, but who knows whats going on. I did the same for the 196 Willoughby lottery and they still emailed me back asking for docs I already sent...

I wish I knew which layouts are offered for $2772 because I feel like the others that someone mentioned are not worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post

This is what they said:

Old 09-07-2022, 10:55 PM

26 posts, read 24,751 times
Quote:
Omg glad you got the unit you wanted! And I believe either estee or helloitsmeee confirmed gas and electricity is included
Thanks! Signed lease and will be moving in end of September. The process felt pretty fast after additional docs were submitted. I went in to the tour not wanting to take it but it was too good to pass up. Good luck!!!!

Old 09-08-2022, 07:22 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
Congrats!!! That 1BR E line is beautiful, I always love corner unit. You def scored a great lottery!!!

https://youtu.be/R0mlH1RNYis

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdef1 View Post
Thanks! Signed lease and will be moving in end of September. The process felt pretty fast after additional docs were submitted. I went in to the tour not wanting to take it but it was too good to pass up. Good luck!!!!

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 09-08-2022 at 08:00 AM..

Old 09-08-2022, 02:40 PM

Okayyy girl you are def resourceful because I tried searching for videos of the units too and couldn’t find haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery